Followers

Blog Archive

Friday, November 9, 2012

Are You Mary or Martha ??

I want you to think on this for a while ... There is such a balance in the MARY/MARTHA life ... It is hard to find BALANCE, but so important to explore and dissect your life to make sure you are striving to hit that balance ... MARY - sitting at the feet of Jesus / MARTH - preparing the food, cleaning the house, and serving Jesus

Suzanne, Michelle and I sat w/ our sweet friend Jan this past week (she got news that she has a brain tumor) and we just cried and laughed ... When we left I thought about how much Jan praised the Lord, talked about his goodness, and just had such a peace during this time - she was MARY MARY MARY - just sitting at his feet knowing he has a hold of her ... she was pointing us to him and talking about scripture and GOD'S PLAN ... Now normally, Mrs. Jan is a MARTHA KIND OF GIRL - she keeps us on task at 147, she is a list maker and a TAKE NO PRISONER kinda girl (just like me) ... She just keeps the wheels running on so many things ... She is a master juggler and serving others like she is the energizer bunny !!!

So my mind starting looking at the irony of it and how that balance is such a hard thing to grasp ...

We will revisit this more later, but I just wanted you to think on it like I am ... We left the fundraiser last night AMAZED at what God did ALL ON HIS OWN ... The people he brought, the money that was donated, and the prayers that went up to him ... It was a MARTHA EVENT with a MARY THEME ... The best of both worlds ...

LET'S ALWAYS LOOK FOR THAT BALANCE BECAUSE IT KEEPS US CLOSE TO HIM ...

LOVE YOU ALL ... PLEASE KEEP MY SWEET FRIEND JAN IN YOUR PRAYERS !!!





1 kind words.:

Alex said...

Thanks so much for this reminder Gwen! I really have a hard time slowing down and putting aside my "to do" list. I can really consume myself with "be productive, think ahead, plan the day..." When the most important thing I can do is spend time at the feet of Jesus asking Him what He wants my day to look like, what He wants me to accomplish. Thanks for your wisdom!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png