Followers

Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It Is That Time Again ...PRAYER PRAYER PRAYER

1. Nana (Scott's grandmother) was taken to the hospital today and immediately sent to Vanderbilt for surgery on her heart ... I can't explain to you what this woman means to our family... She is a prayer warrior, she is loving, she is THERE for everything, she is the one person who ALWAYS tells the truth ... She is our ROCK ... We love her so much and at 83 she has more spunk than most people I know ...

2. I have a sister (in my spirit) who received some very confusing adoption information today that has rocked her families world ...

3. China and the devastation of the earthquake ... A piece of my heart will always be in this beautiful country where my daughters were born ...

4. THE BOOK ... I have over 40 writers for this project and invite more ... I can't tell you what reading the stories I already have has done to me in my spirit ... WOW ...

5. The Ivey family ... They just visited there two sweet children in Haiti and had to return home ... They have at least another 6-12 months before they will be home ... My heart prays for them..

6. The Doctor family (my travel family to get Emily) ... They are embarking on their second adoption ... I have been praying for over year for this amazing news ... Nikki is one gifted and talented soul ... She writes amazing things and loves so deeply ... I pray their second child home!

7. Another blog family waiting, waiting on domestic news ... Her emails just break my heart ... She is so ready to be this incredible mother to her child ... Sweet sister it will happen at just the right time !!!

8. Tina ... Her prison ministry ... The hope and love she brings to those women is truly heaven sent ...

9. Hoffman's ... I just love this family ... I love reading about them and hearing their heart ... They will be traveling soon to bring a daughter home from Ethiopia and also from China ... Their generation is going to make God smile so much !!!

10. For all the amazing families waiting to bring home the children they love so deeply in their hearts ... I pray for you each day and thank you for sharing so much of your life w/ so many of us .... Your faith and hope shine through !!!

18 kind words.:

redmaryjanes said...

I will pray for the people dear to your heart.

Leigh Ann said...

Praying for Nana and you & Scott, along with your other requests.

Steffie B. said...

You are just a remarkable woman and I am so honored to be your friend.....see you soon! ;)

anna said...

I pray Nana is going to be all right...I know how much she means to your family...By knowing her personally I know what a wonderful mother she has been not only to her own children and grandchildren, but to all who need one...
prayers and love,
anna

Laura Nipper said...

I will continue to pray for Nana. Chrissie texted me this morning and told me she was in surgery. Had the opprotunity to meet Nana a few yrs back when she and Crystal were visiting in San Diego. Both Tom and I were very touched by her. I have a picture of Nana hold Morgan when she was only a few weeks old. Praying that she is recovery well.

Kathi said...

I also had the great pleasure of meeting Nana (a few times, I think), as you know, at KK. I will absolutely pray for her. You're right, she does have a lot of spunk..that's a great word for it. I'll also pray for your other requests.

May I include my own request on here? My aunt, who had breast cancer a while ago, has a recurrence, only this time, it's gone into her chest bone. But, by the Grace of God, they caught it early and she is responding very well to the treatments (chemo and radiation). I have no doubt she'll do just fine, but could obviously use the extra help.

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

I am praying right now!

jennifer said...

What a great post. You are such a great prayer warrior and you encourage me to do the same.

Jewels of My Heart said...

Thank you Gwen for your faithful, loving heart.... will be praying and coming into agreement with you in prayer...
Love you Sister,
Daleea

Heather said...

I love your heart so very much...on my knees for all your requests.

Hugs to you Gwen,
Heather

John & Michelle said...

Words cannot express how thankful I am to have "met" you! You encourage and uplift me when I don't feel like going on. I have only my faith left. I know that God's plan is perfect and his timing will be just right!
(((HUGS)))
Michelle

Nikki said...

Hey sweetie,
I'm sorry to hear about your Nana...I just added her to my prayer list.
You KNOW how much I love you and your GIGANTIC heart.
Thank you for being you! We are all so blessed just knowing you.
And, thanks for praying for us with all of your heart - it means the world to my family.
XO

Kim said...

Great post..
you are amazing..
I am praying with ya girly..
Have fun with Steffie and the girls..
I am sooo jeolous...
HUGS

Tymm said...

Thank you so much for your amazing heart and your prayers for us - we don't doubt for one second that God smiles big when he hears all of us down here sending prayers up.

That really means the world to us. What can we pray about for you?

Denise C said...

I am joining you in prayer for all of these precious ones! Love you sweet friend!!!

Kristi J said...

Hi Gwen! I'll be praying for your family and friends. My sister, Kelly Putty, has also been in touch with you. She is also adopting from Ethiopia...I just didn't know if you'd make the connection that she is my older sister by 11 months...We're heading to an Ethiopian Fellowship Group cookout in Franklin on Sunday...It is pretty cool to find so many people adopting in our county...Kristi Johnson

Ali Tanner said...

yo girl! thanks so much for the post. i really cannot wait to see you!!!!! ive been at suzannes some this week and we decided that one night next week perhaps you me her and lindsey all need to go to dinner. at work so wasnt able to catch up on the posts the way that i want so will have to do that later. love you muhc

Michelle R Photography said...

What a special person you are, Gwen. I will pray for your Nana and friends.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png