Followers

Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

C4C conference wrap up !!!

I would definitely like to advise you if you are an adoptive mother, in the process or considering adoption to look into and sign up for the next CREATED FOR CARE conference in March  ... My sweet friend Andrea (and all her amazing peeps) organize, plan, prepare, and serve at this retreat where mothers can get together and encourage one another, ask questions, heal, and just fellowship together ...

There is so much to share and so many fun stories, but there is also the HARD stuff ... It doesn't matter what place you are in there is someone there in the SAME SPOT ...

I loved being on the BLOGGER PANEL, speaking at FUN-raising and Special Needs break-outs, but the biggest laughs of all came when we did the I DRIVE A BIG BUS break-out ... I started the break-out w/ a taboo topic (you can guess it) and the room broke out in laughter !!!  We talked about being a big family and what does that look like DAY TO DAY ... It was SO FUN ... We even had people sign up for each meal to sit w/ Suzanne and I to chat ... We made lots of new friends and usually spent most of the time talking about my sweet friend KATIE !!! Oh the fun it was to share her story and the impact she is making daily on CHILDREN'S lives ...

We sold a lot of 147 gear and one comical occurrence was that each time I would lay a shirt out for DISPLAY then a woman would pick it up to look at it and then FOLD IT UP (like she was doing her laundry) ... It happened over and over and over again ...

I met some amazing ladies and I can't wait to see what all happens as a result of the conference ... It would be cool to track the amount of decisions made to adopt ... or how many SN children or HIV positive children will be chosen now because of the information shared ... It would be cool to know how many new friendships where made ... etc  ...

I think the one thing this conference has that is so needed is JUST EVERYDAY WOMEN TALKING TO EVERYDAY WOMEN ABOUT REAL ISSUES OF ADOPTION ... Thanks Andrea for creating a safe place for adoptive mothers to get together ...

IF ANYONE TOOK ANY GOOD PICTURES PLEASE SEND TO ME ... I was so busy running my mouth and sharing my heart that I didn't take any .... hee hee !!!

The theme of my life ... "ONCE YOUR EYES ARE OPENED YOU CAN NOT PRETEND YOU DON'T KNOW, BECAUSE GOD SEES YOUR HEART." 



4 kind words.:

Audrey B said...

I loved having lunch with you. And we cracked up at the forbid subject. That's real life girl!

Home Project Manager said...

Gwen, I was at the January C4C and have to tell you that we DIED LAUGHING at your comment, "Are you ignorant???". It was during the panel and I can't tell you how many times we have quoted you since.

I have to say that there was something so deeply special about this conference and couldn't agree more that people have got to sign up for this. There was a deeply rooted love for God in those of you who lead us this past weekend. I loved being around such an amazing group of God-loving women. I loved that it was REAL. There were discussions of real issues that arise with the journey of adoption. I think we get so rosey eyed that sometimes we forget the real issues. I loved that about this conference. 1. Fearless, fierce, and pure love of God. 2. Real women talking about real issues.

Hope you are recouping well! Seriously, you were a highlight for us!

sheli said...

we so wish you were closer to chicago!!!! maybe next year? it sounds so healing and inspiring...so wish i could be there with all of my friends...

We Are Family said...

I.CAN'T.WAIT! AND, That has been our families verse for the past 6 years.....Glory to God!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png