Followers

Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts ... CAN'T LOSE

I have stolen the title of this post from FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, but I thought it was fitting to our new season of life.

Clear EYES ... I want to stay focused on what God has put right in front of me and that is my 6 amazing children ... They are all on different roads right now and I want to make sure that I help guide them as they grow ... Jeremiah is a teenager and I am quickly realizing our time left w/ him is short ... I love spending time w/ just him each night ... We talk about so much and it is my opportunity to just speak into his life the things God wants him to know (so that has cut out computer time and working at night) ... Maggie and Emily are on the verge of being little girls w/ a whole new world opening up the them and it is going to be so fun to watch ... and there is so much more, but it is CLEAR that my eyes need not be shadowed by work for 147, friends needing things, or all the other things that just love to crawl on our plate and keep our vision blurred ...

Full HEARTS ... I can't tell you how full my HEART is !!!  I am seeing children come home that 147 helped fundraise, Katie's book is coming out, 147 is making a difference in the lives of children in so many places, my precious MAGGIE started kindergarten (what a milestone), we are getting closer to having Joseph fully diagnosed and the help he needs, and so much more ...

CAN'T LOSE ... As long as we try to stay centered in God's will and the purpose HE has for us then we can't lose ... Whether the road is crazy bumpy w/ a ton of pot holes or smooth sailing - A JOURNEY WITH HIM IS ALWAYS THE RIGHT ONE ...

I am challenging myself to measure my days in accordance w/ HIS desire for me and not my need to please others, SAY YES to everything, HELP everyone that asks, and place expectations on myself that IF I DON'T HELP THEM then maybe they won't adopt or they won't donate or they won't buy a shirt or they won't like me ... It is freeing to just bow down and wait for HIM to release me to my day ...

There is much KINGDOM work to be done and it is a good thing there are so many believers out there because we can all share in the blessings of doing HIS WORK ...

enjoy a few pictures from our first days of school ...







Our family is blessed to have so many special friends that love on the littles ... Jack, Kenny, and SG are the sweetest young people ever and I consider them part of our family !!! I would say that no one better mess w/ the OATSVALL TEAM and our Posse !!! hee hee 









0 kind words.:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png