Followers

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 24, 2009

JUST TALKED TO MY KIDS IN UGANDA ON THE PHONE !!!!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ... Just heard the sweet voices of my Joseph and Daisy today on the phone ... How surreal that is, How pumped heart is, How rejoicing my spirit is and How funny did I look on the treadmill crying ( I was at the YMCA when Suzanne called) .... I am so out of this world in love with these two kids that I can hardly function on a daily basis ... Dinner last night was ravoli from a can,  my house looks like a pig pen, I can't find two matching shoes for the girls, and I am useless helping Jeremiah with his homework ... BUT YOU KNOW WHAT ????  I don't care because I talked to my kids today on the phone in Uganda .....

I was thinking today as I was cherishing the sound of their voices .... I would love for someone right now to say .... I THOUGHT ABOUT ADOPTING, BUT I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY or I AM JUST TO BUSY TO ADD ANOTHER CHILD TO OUR FAMILY or I DON'T THINK I COULD LOVE AN ADOPTED CHILD AS MY OWN or DON'T YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE ROBBING YOUR OTHER KIDS OF THINGS IF YOU BRING ANOTHER CHILD HOME or YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T SAVE THEM ALL or I COULDN'T DO WHAT YOU DO ...

Boy, could I give someone an ear full today ... I could speak boldly about what miracles God is doing in our family because of ADOPTION ... I could show scripture that says God never promised us life that would be easy, happy, or conflict free ... I could hand you my heart in your hands and let you try it on for size today and let you feel the depth of love and joy that is in me because I said YES to God's calling to care for the orphans of this world ....

I mean right now I could preach a day long sermon on how fulfilling our God ordained mission here on earth could truly be if we say YES  ... How looking into the face of an orphan (hungry, abandoned, lonely, desperate, sick, afraid) could bring you closer to Jesus and bring Him honor and glory, yet also give you the purpose we all long to feel here in earth ...

This post could go on for days ... I love my husband today more because he took that step of faith blindly when he didn't really want to, I love my kids today for praying and wanting their brother and sister home even if it means less of everything for each of us, I love my friends more today because they rejoice with me and love my kids, I love God more today for once again revealing to me His purpose for the OATSVALL team's life and for showing me His face in the VOICES OVER THE PHONE ...


DID I MENTION I TALKED TO MY KIDS ON THE PHONE TODAY !!!!!!!!!

GO HERE TO SEE MY DAISY TALKING !!!!!!

hawaii2africa.blogspot.com

Love You All !!!!

41 kind words.:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm so THRILLED for you, Gwen! What a beautiful moment. You deserve this!!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you that my heart hurts! Congrats on hearing those sweet voices. What an amazing treat! As I sit here not knowing the faces of my children yet, I am comforted by your story and know that while their identity is a mystery to me, it is NOT a mystery to my Heavenly Father....He already sees them, knows their names and has counted the hairs on their heads.

We Are Family said...

I could have written these exact words on my blog the first time I spoke to my kids in Ethiopia. WOW!!!!!! God is AWESOME and I feel your heart and I am right there with you.

Shauna said...

Gwen - I gasped reading this! I heard from my son in Uganda on Monday morning ( my Mother-In-Law was at Sanyu Babie Home and they called us :))and I purposely stayed away from people because one wrong or negative word (like the ones you wrote) and they were going to get it! I SO understand every word you wrote! We sent our paperwork to our lawyer on Tues. We are hoping for a late Oct date. Thank you for posting - we are on the same page! Standing excited with you! God is SO good!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gwen
That video is precious! I look forward to following your journey with these "kiddos." Very true message also!
Love,
Renee

Unknown said...

OK girlfriend you just trumped me big time - how are you going to sleep tonight???

I just watched that precious baby girl talking - can you say YUMMY!!!!

Oh Gwen my heart is soaring with you.

Oh how I can't wait for our daughter to know we are coming for her and that God most certainly did NOT forget her!

LOVE YOU BIG TIME!
Jill

Gillian said...

Oh, AMEN, SISTER!! Preach it, shout it, laugh it, cry it!!!!!Praise to our incredible adoptive Daddy!!!Oh, the music, what a blessing to HEAR thier sweet voices--treasure!!Sweet Blessings, I getcha!! Lots of Love, Gillian

The Johnson Family said...

oh my goodness..thanks for my good cry today!! I can't wait to get them home and teach to say my favorite aunt is me!!!lol that little voice is priceless! go get then so I can give them some shuggies!!!

love ya Wic

Abbie and Kendall said...

JUST HEARD HER....2 CUTE!!!

Love You!

Abbie
(P.S.... You are in my prayers!!!)

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Oh what a beautiful post...I am so excited for you...our family watched the little video about three times...brought tears to my eyes.

I remember the day we phoned Liberia and were able to talk with Ethan...he say Jesus loves me and Joy to the World for us...our entire family was on speaker phone and we were all bawling like crazy...what an incredible feeling to just hear their voices. And now you know exactly how I felt because you are feeling it too...truly, truly blessed and praising God for you and with you!

Kim said...

YEA...
I LOVE THE VIDEO..
Congratulations..
Can't wait to see those two in your arms..
love ya..

Angel said...

Amazing---So very happy for you-Praying with you that in a very short while you will be able to hold those precious little ones while they say they love you-I wish everyone could experience the pure joy and love that fills us as we follow God's perfect plans for our lives-we never thought we would have 5 children and yet here we are and we could not be more excited-Blessings to you and your sweet family-

Kristy said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU MOMMY!!! My heart is just so thankful and happy and delighted did I say happy.....for you and your family. Those are two very blessed little kiddos to have you as their mom. You are awsesome Gwen.

Love and blessings, Kristy

The Porter Family said...

Yes, Yes and Yes!!! Amen - preach it sister...

Diane and family:) said...

Sweet baby girl, Daisy!!! What precious Treasures God continues to share with the Team:)

Charity said...

God is GOOD......All The Time!!! Wow. Thank you for sharing such an amazing blessing. I have chill bumps just reading this post.
I look forward to "meeting" you next week - I am guessing it'll be easy to spot you - The Woman Who Got To Talk To Her Babies On The Phone!!!!!!
Blessings Sister,
Charity

Kelly said...

That is AWESOME!!!!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

How amazing is that? WOW! So happy for you....and I feel a lot the same way.....so some things may slide, but hey in the next few months our little girl will be home :) & our kids are excited about number 8! They don't care about that stuff because it is just stuff- they want their sister home!

Holly said...

So just ONE question Gwen:
What did you SAY to them?!??
(crying your way through your smiles!!)

Jewels of My Heart said...

My heart is soaring for you sweet friend and for your babies!!!!
Hey.... they heard their Mama's voice today............... they are orphaned no more.... they have a mommy and they heard her voice today.....
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Lord Jesus You are soooooooooooo good!
I am praying!!!!!!
God's Speed
love ya

Jewels of My Heart said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh she is sooooooooo adorable!

Karen Phillips said...

could she BE any cuter??? i loved hearing her sweet little voice and can't wait to hear it in person someday! i know you are just soaring!! btw...did you talk to your kids in uganda today??? =)
p.s. i'm lovin' my new bag!! i was able to have a great conversation with the sweet girl who works in the coffee shop today b/c of my shirt and bag! she and her hubby have been thinking about adopting...God is so good to bring along just the right people! i have such a sense of purpose now...love!

The Ferrill's said...

Oh Gwen!!!!!!!!!!
AMAZING! Your sweet Joseph and Daisy!
what an incredible blessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm praying for those court dates!!!!!!!!!

The Ferrill's said...

How can you stand it? I just saw the video...oh my goodnesss that Daisy...she is irresistible! I bet you've watched that a gazillion times...I know I would be! Such sweetness in 59 seconds! Imagine the lifetime of sweetness coming your way!

Anonymous said...

Praising Jesus for these 2 beautiful blessings!!!!We are so happy for you and can't wait to see the pics of you with them!!

Praying,,, LIsa K.

Andrea Young said...

Oh my goodness..and this PRECIOUS post of yours has ME sitting here crying!!!! I'm so happy for you! You are just precious and I just love your heart! What a joy to hear your loves! Can't wait for you to get them HOME!

Kim said...

Oh how I am rejoicing for you from Hong Kong. And after listening to and seeing your precious Daisy, I am completely UNDONE!
Love & Miss You Gwen!
Kim

Barb said...

Awwww, Gwen . . . that was just so sweet! How amazing that you got to talk to them on the phone!! God is good! I think I need to show this post to my husband . . . I am ready to adopt again, he is not . . .

Andrea said...

YAY you spoke to your kids! ;o) What a blessing!!!

shelley said...

GET A SPOON, I could eat her up. Such a sweet voice. God is sooooo good.

Sara said...

Yay Gwen!!! I'm so happy for you! What a precious blessing!
Sara

Tracy said...

Watched the sweet video of Daisy. Crying. God bless you! I am thrilled she gets to have a mommy and a daddy and brothers and sisters. WOW! Crying.

Tracy

Pam said...

Daisy's voice is so sweet. It is great to that you are able to talk with them.

Amy said...

Oh what an amazing blessing!So thrilled for you! Loved every word of your post too- so true. My prayer is for every orphan to know the love of a family like yours. Thanks for sharing your story- it speaks louder than you will ever know. Amy

Nancy said...

Oh, Gwen! How very sweet! Soon, honey, soon your mama will be there to get you and your brother! OH...and QUESTION!!!! Just read Katie's blog...did she KEEP Patricia, the little one I asked you about awhile back? Cuz I can't imagine she would have ANOTHER baby with the same name so soon! You know, that little one was heavy on my heart, and while I didn't SAY it (write it, I guess I mean!), I just really felt she was meant for Katie. Is it the same little one? Oh, she is so precious!!!

Love and hugs...Nancy in CT (who, by the way, wants more necklaces when they come...mine broke!!! SADNESS!!!!!)

Anonymous said...

That is sooo exciting Gwen!!! I'm sure this has super charged your battery...clap clap clap!!!

jennifer said...

SO AWESOME!!!!

Goosegirl said...

Oh Gwen, Daisy's HUGE eyes and that sweet little voice!! I could eat her up!! I am so happy you got to speak to your new babies!! Love your heart and am praying you will get to be with your children all together soon.

Anonymous said...

I almost began crying just reading that!!! God is moving!
Lovee!

Beth

Kristi J said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy...so excited for you!! I'm going to listen now, i haven't even done it yet and i'm excited :) Love the post!! So TRUE!!! kj

Mom Of Many said...

I am so excited for you!! I miss Africa so much and hope to go back soon after Jubilee gets home. We'll have to see. Yippee Jesus!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png