Followers

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 31, 2008

What Have We Been Doing ...

I want to first thank everyone for their support, encouragement, and kind words last week for my friend Emily Alexander and for myself ... We started the Abigail/Joseph fund in our house and it was a great feeling to make those small steps toward our children ...

Prayers for : Putty Family (in Ethiopia right now getting their 4 year old son), Maggie's consultation for surgery will be in November, Emily Chapman's Wedding and their family, April waiting for news to travel to Guatemala for her sweet M, those waiting on referrals, and so much more !!!!

So here is WHAT WE HAVE BEEN DOING ...

Never a day w/out dressing up ... These girls love to be the princesses that they are and needless to say we get lots of stares as we go out and about in our princess attire ...



My boys head off to school together ... I love that they are in the same school .... It makes me feel safe to have them together and looking out for each other ...
FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL ... This is our 1st season to play pad football and both boys are loving it and it is kicking my booty ... We practice 3 times a week. They go back to back practices, so the girls and I are at the fields from 4:30 - 7:30 since Scott is working evenings the girls have to tag along ... Of course they are troopers and I have packed as if we are going on a camping trip w/ water bottles, toys, blankets, bug spray, chairs, and snacks. I love cheering my young men on and I am so proud of how they handle themselves on the field ... HUNGRY, HOLY, AND HUMBLE is what we teach them about sports ...


Brother/Sister love ... There are days of course when they are pulling each other's hair out and screaming at the top of their lungs tattle tailing on one another, but there are those moments when they just adore each other, they laugh at the top of their lungs and play together for hours ... I do cherish those moments and pray they will always hold on to each other as they grow up ...

If you have the time to add another blog to your reading list I have one I recommend so highly ... This is especially good if you have a teenager ... This young lady's blog about her time in Uganda has changed the way I see my day, it has made me pray more for the sweet children in our world who have real need, and reminds me how important is for us to just love each other.

KISSESFROMKATIE.BLOGSPOT.COM (you will have to read from the beginning to capture her spirit and faithfulness to the Lord )

19 kind words.:

Kim said...

Sounds like you have been busy...
YOU ARE ALWAYS BUSY....
That is what happens when you have kids.. LOVE football.. sad thing but we are done with football.. I loved going to practice and games.. it is sooo much fun..
Have a Great Week..
Love ya girly..
Hugs...

Anonymous said...

Maggie looks wonderfully happy!!! Each and every new photo I see of her and your precious other children just makes my heart SING!!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love all the latest pictures and reading about your daily schedule. Best wishes with juggling everything. I'm already missing the lazy days of summer. I'll be praying for you and your upcoming doctor's appt for Maggie in November.

Kristi J said...

such sweet pics!!! I'm so excited about adding Nathan and Lucy to this group some day!!! I know Kelly is feeling all these prayers!! I can't wait for them to get back, kristi

April said...

Thank you first for your beautiful prayer for me and our family and our little Marissa..We appreciate your love and support more than you could ever know!!! I love seeing the pics of your sweet kids and will go to the blog you have suggested to read tonight...thank you again for always thinking of us!! Can't wait to share pics for you on our trip..

Michelle R Photography said...

What beautiful little princesses and handsome 3H football players. (Football players probably don't like to be called handsome, do they?) I shall stop complaining about Leila's 3x/wk soccer practice. :-)

I will have to check this blog out. Thanks for sharing.

Lauren said...

I love your idea of starting the fund. It will be a great way for the kids (and y'all) to sacrifice small things for this cause. We did the same thing for a special project and it made such a big difference in our spending choices.

You are brave to journal spending habits. It's almost as scary as journalling what you eat each day! Saying prayers for all of your requests and your beautiful family!

Tracy said...

Love all those pictures!!...and love how our children will be able to know how carefully they were planned for and prayed for before they came home!!! Thank you, Gwen!

Denise C said...

OH I just love your pics of your Football players...and just look at those precious little princesses!!! I am praying over your sweet Joseph and Abagail every day!
Come over....and see Chelsi's Reef flips flops...thanks to you for introducing her to them! hee-hee!!!
Love ya girlie!

Leia said...

Gwen, It was SO WONDERFUL seeing you and the kids this past week. My family and I will definitely keep you guys in our prayers. Thank you for your faithfulness to God in everything that you do. It speaks volumes about His power and love!! I can't wait to hang out again :) Love always, Leia

Anonymous said...

Hey! It was fun seeing you at the feilds this weekend tell Jeremiah he did awesome for that one second i saw him play ... will have to actually see them both play one day. The girls are looking aborable! Will be Praying for the oastvall team.
Love ya

Leigh Ann said...

What great pictures - they all look so sweet! Footballs and Tiara's - gotta love it!

Nikki said...

Just checkin' in on you, my dear friend!
Glad to see some new pictures...everyone looks wonderful.

Glad things are going well - busy, but well.

Love you!!!!

missy said...

It's that time of year again, mom : ) I am already worn out from our extra curriculars, but you know, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I love the girls in their princess attire...such beauty!

Your handsome fellows look great in their football jerseys!!!

Bev said...

I am so excited that your fund is started. We are starting too! Keep praying.

Anonymous said...

There has been MUCH happening in your world! Good times, and great memories!!!

emily said...

love you so much! cant wait to visit!

thought of you all the time.......

redmaryjanes said...

I think it is fab that the girls go out in the Princess attire, maybe I should break out my Tinkerbell crown!

Your boys look great in the football gear...especially little Elijah.

Mommy Spice said...

Such a fun and beautiful family. I wish Spicy Girl already had her Mei Mei. I was an only child, and although S.G.'s life is much more fulfilling than mine was as an only child, I look forward to her having her sister...no matter the age difference.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png