Followers

Blog Archive

Monday, December 9, 2013

Strengths and Weakness … Both ARE needed !

One of the many things I have come to learn especially through my marriage and my ministry with 147 is that it is vital to understand ones strengths and weaknesses … It is in both that you begin to understand HOW GOD CAN USE YOU and when you would only be a stumbling block …

I can honestly say that I have pretty much ignored the lines between the two in myself until the last 10 years or so … I chose to stay blind to my weaknesses and in turn I was NOT allowing God to fully use me … As in scripture, it is very clear that "in our weakness HE is made strong" … So by not acknowledging my weaknesses in my marriage and in my ministry, I have robbed people and experiences from the POWER AND LOVE OF CHRIST … Perhaps it is age or just GOD putting to light my weaknesses that a few years ago, I began to understand my weaknesses and strengths in the way I feel the LORD created me to be …

I  am thankful for my sweet husband, who has never pointed at my weaknesses, but just picked up the slack or went before me to make a path … We are partners and encouragers … We share many of the same strengths, which can also be a weakness (lol) … It takes us both submitting to Christ to journey our family in the right direction … I am so thankful we both want WHAT HE WANTS …

And when I look at 147 Million Orphans - I can see how God placed Suzanne and Michelle and I together … We are so similar in heart, but gifted so DIFFERENTLY !!! We each have tasks to work on in our strengths and it simply WORKS SO WELL !!!  And when a new project, new ministry, or new idea emerges, we throw it on the table and talk it out … We take what we each bring to the table and pray through what God would have … There is such wisdom in the 3 CORD STRAND (scriptures says it is NOT EASILY BROKEN) … Now don't think for one moment that we always agree and that a rainbow follows us around while we sing "Jesus Loves You" … We get into some heated and passionate discussions, but at the end of the day we have come know each others strengths and weakness and our love for one another points us to Jesus 1st ...  We are fortunate that God has brought wise people to surround us during different times of our journey … AND WE LISTEN !!!  We all want WHAT GOD WANTS for 147 … And to accomplish all that he has set before us requires that we surrender to our weaknesses and lean on each other and HIM … AND when we are in our strengths, it is important we remain humble and graceful to point others to him …

I can admit one of my weaknesses is that I am a HOTHEAD at times and too passionate about somethings and issues to the point that I may not be very kind or gracious … We often laugh and kid Suzanne that she is POLLYANNA, because she is always the gracious, kind one that is the peacemaker … And Michelle is the SEE BOTH SIDES one and loves to play the fair police … SO YOU CAN IMAGINE that during certain situations we will sometimes take turns taking the lead depending on the situation (cause we always have each others back)  … And at the end of the day we all want to glorify the LORD … WE want 147 to point people to JESUS …

I am so thankful for these women and for what they bring to my life … In my weakness, I don't feel alone anymore, because I know God built me to be weak, so I could DESIRE him in a way that only weaknesses brings … A CORD OF THREE STRAND IS NOT EASILY BROKEN … How many cords are you working with ????

MY CORDS - SCOTT, MYSELF & THE LORD 

MY CORDS - 147, SUZ./MICHELLE/MYSELF/ & THE LORD 

thankful I can be myself failures and all w/ these amazing people !!! 






0 kind words.:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png