Followers

Blog Archive

Thursday, May 30, 2013

MIRACLE ... one of my favs movie !!!

Because my precious hubby loves to watch NEWS to go to sleep to each night and I simply CAN NOT --  I put my ear buds in and listen to the MOVIE "Miracle"(a true story about the 1980 Olympic Hockey team)  ... It has been one of my FAV movies for the longest time ... There are so many concepts in it that I LOVE - team, family, sports, triumph, competition, friendships, impossibilities, etc ... I think most of you know I am sport's MOM to the core and love the thrill of the game... When Herb (the coach) is picking the players for this monumental team he says something very profound when questioned why he isn't choosing the BEST, THE MOST TALENTED, & the obvious choices in players ... HERB says, "I am not looking for the best players, I am looking for the right players." ... I love that !!!  There are times we when we think the BEST of something must be the right choice when often we need to see the whole picture to see what piece actually fits and completes the situation, the team, the family, the friendship, the church, the school, the ministry, etc ...

He was looking for the right pieces to accomplish a BIGGER goal ... It was never going to be about ONE person, but the team as a whole and the mission thats needed to be accomplished ... It is like the scriptural picture of the BODY OF CHRIST ... If we were all the feet then how would we pick things up or if we all choose to be the neck then how would we ever decide which way to turn the neck ... It takes all of us with our different talents and skills and heart to be the body of Christ ...

My next favorite part of the movie is when the USA TEAM ties the Czech team in a prelim game because they are not focused and have not bought into the mission as a whole ... The coach has them get on the line and begin to skate lines (sorta like running suicides in basketball or bases in baseball) ... He just has them skating over and over and over again ... It is a conditioning of the heart so to speak ... The whole time he is speaking to them about mission, focus, effort, and finally one player gets it ... He SCREAMS the answer to a question the coach has been asking over and over again through out the beginning of the movie ----  (what's your name? where are you from? who do you play for?) ... He screams, "Micheal Eruzione from Winthrop, Massachusetts" ... and then the coach asks the question that will be the turning point of the movie - "WHO DO YOU PLAY FOR???" AND Micheal answers, "I PLAY FOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!" ... It gives me chills every time I see or hear this part ... It is the break through needed to direct the whole team ... It is the CORE of the mission and the WHY to move forward ... I just love it because it reminds me there is a BIGGER purpose to my life - JESUS ... He is the EVERYTHING of my life ... He is the reason WHY I put one foot in front of the other each day and try my best to bring glory to HIM ... It is what circles me back to the MAIN THING !!! We are all here doing life daily and trying to accomplish stuff and if we don't remember the WHO/WHY of it then it takes on a LESSER meaning and we will tire out and lose focus ...

OOOOHHHHHH, I have so many favorite parts in this movie, but I will leave you with my last one and that is moment the Coach tells them that they can win this impossible GAME !!!  They were born for this moment and that even though 9 times out of 10 they may lose, but NOT this moment, NOT this game !!! He makes them believe in their mission and this moment !!! I still feel myself cheering each time I watch as if I don't know the outcome ... So many moments of our lives are really just waiting for us to be ALL IN and BELIEVE !!! Believe in the WHO / WHY !!! I think about the moments in my life when I doubted my self, my ability, and thought the mission was to BIG for me and I felt GOD CHEERING ME ON ... I knew HE had given me what I needed and who I needed to accomplish the PURPOSE he had set before me ...

IT IS A GREAT MOVIE for the family and so many great concepts to talk about ... I am grinning ear to ear right now as I finish typing knowing that the IMPOSSIBLE is POSSIBLE w/ the LORD !!!








1 kind words.:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Love Love Love this movie, too!! For all the same reasons. . .as a hockey mom, I also love the team concept. And I am sooooo happy my baby boy loves being a part of a team and thinks team first. It's what makes him good at hockey. The only thing I don't like about Miracle is the insinuation that the Soviets (Russians) are somehow evil. My son picks up on that every time and wants me to explain it. sigh. He, as a Russian, hears the bad as well as the good. Wish I could take that part away because he is so not bad or evil, thus not all of Russia is bad or evil.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png