Followers

Blog Archive

Saturday, September 1, 2012

It Is OK to be ALONE ...

There are seasons when God removes ALOT of things and people from your lives ... Try not to let this throw you for a curve ball because many times it is for the best ... God wants to be your everything and from the business of life it can get really crowded ... He is the great POTTER and he wants to mold you into his likeness and he wants you to be WHAT HE WANTS YOU TO BE ... So when seasons change, life goes in a new direction, or circumstances throw you for a loop try not to FREAK OUT, but just sit back and ask - WHAT ARE YOU SAYING GOD ???  It may take some time to adjust and you may mourn for the WAY IT USED TO BE ... BUT HE so many times has a great lesson for you or a new calling or simply wants more time for the two of YOU together !!! 

I have entered one of those seasons and although I am a super social being, I find myself more ALONE and it is a good thing ... More time to refresh my mind, more time to spend with the Father and most of all it CLEARS MY EYES AND HEART so I can be open and alert to what is going on with my family ... I want to pour into them and build them up as WARRIORS for Christ ... I don't want to miss a moment of their lives OR what God is doing in them ... I am thankful for the ALONENESS and I look forward to what God and I will discover in it ...

He is showing me many things about how I can serve and who to serve ... I love hearing HIM so clearly !!! 





11 kind words.:

We Are Family said...

I can really relate to this.

Laurel said...

Thanks for sharing.

In the past 4 years God has stripped us of nearly everyone (friends and family) and everything (no salary, no savings, no insurance). We have learned to cling to Him just to make it through each and every day.

God has recently been bringing new friends our way, and we are rejoicing in the new fellowship . . . while we still grieve the loss of so very much.

Praying that the Lord blesses you and your family during this time of relative "quiet" in your life.

Laurel
mama of 12

Kim said...

Oh girl! This message could not been better timed for me. It's been a very lonely 1st year "home". Lots of wonderful new acquaintances in our new communities of church, school, and neighborhood ... but oh so difficult to find friends who have the time or desire to go deep and invest in a new friendship. Thanks for sharing your heart and for this great reminder!
Love & Blessings,
Kim

Jessi said...

Exactly what I needed to read tonight and RIGHT where I am in life at the moment.

Ashley said...

This gave me chills because it's such a timely word for me from God Himself. THANK YOU for letting Him speak through you.

Connie J said...

I can so relate to this. Sometimes I waller in pity over the loneliness and sometimes I can see the bigger picture. Thank you for sharing and helping me see the beauty.
Blessings to you!

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing this. i've been "on the bench" since January, and i've spent most of this year trying to figure out what He's trying to say to me. perhaps i'm not comfortable with the quiet. thanks for encouraging me to lean into it more and listen for His still, small voice.

the Stork Nest said...

hard to explain how many ways i can relate to this and appreciate you posting. our family helps the "least of these" is a little different way....my man is an obstetrician/daddy/husband who spends himself tirelessly on the rights of the unborn, the smallest of our society, and the care of women---so many of whom have been just beaten up by life and need hope, need Him. Loneliness is the single most descriptive word that defines my wonderful-i-dont- deserve- life, because NOTHING is exempt from demanding from him: birthdays, all nights, holidays, anniversaries..... it has been 21 years of learning to let God make me into the wife HE wants me to be, so my husband can DO what he has been called to do. I'm sorry to say that the lessons have come SO much harder than they should have, because a lot of the time i have spent balking at God for this constant intrusion into our family life (and me, a quality-time sorta girl :) But HE HEARS. and His Answer has been so very different than what i have begged Him for. HE has filled up my heart and time and all.....where it was where, if i'm being completely honest, i wanted my husband (with skin on) to fill that void. Now i won't trade Him, and what He has given for anything. He IS that Pearl of Great Price. Yes, it has come with a great price. but learning acceptance and gratitude and submission to my Father's will (and that it's not all about MY needs) has brought such intimacy with Jesus.
This is quite an encouraging post. all of us have our own "quiet" places. thank you for the encouragement.

Sheila said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! This is where i am at. God has been speaking to me. Bringing me closer to Him. I needed to read this blog to realize it was HIM and all of His doing.

Christy said...

THank you for this. I'm there too and it's nice knowing I'm not alone in the alone. :)

GrowingtheBards said...

Oh these seasons. Sometimes it could be called the rainy season...it seems like I do in that season is cry :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png