Followers

Blog Archive

Friday, May 7, 2010

Time To Call It Quits ...

This is a very sad post to write, yet it is also freeing and I know the right direction ... Over 2 1/2 years ago, I felt God leading me to publish a collection of adoption stories and many of you graciously sent in your story ... To say that over this time I have grown through reading and editing (along with the 3 amazing women that helped in this process) ... Your journeys were all so different, yet the same strong faith exuded from your written words ... For some reason God has not allowed this project to go forward ... I have come to believe that your stories were meant to inspire me, show me adoption from many angles, and encourage me on another very long journey of adoption ... I can't thank you enough for sharing and I pray I have not disappointed you by not publishing your story ... One thing that kept stopping me was the fact that I was going to send to the world stories of families that I had never met.  I felt to do the book in a way that would honor the Lord that I would need to do this ... And He quietly whispered to me that I had done what He asked ... I had put the stories together in a book and it had changed me ... It has change the others who have read it and helped with the organizing/editing ... But this is the end of the road for this dream ...

Again, I am sorry for not finishing it in the world sense, but I do feel like God and I finished what we started !!! I will be forever thankful for this experience and your stories !!!

10 kind words.:

Unknown said...

Gwen - how could any of us be upset with you for listening to what God is telling you to do!

I am touched you even asked us to share our story with you!

Do you have a copy of the book that I could get? Or maybe you could email my story back to me so I could revisit it. I lost everything when my computer crashed!

Love you and praising God for your precious heart! Prayers remain for all of you touched by the flooding!
Jill

Musings from Kim K. said...

It's ok, sweetie. Your work continues to inspire so many families. Many ((hugs))!!

KT said...

I have wondered about that, I almost asked you the other day, glad I didn't bring that up!
I know what you mean, the Lord does lead us to do things and then the plan changes from what we thought.
can I say that in my google reader though under this post an advertisement for publishing your own book popped up! that was odd! ha!
thinking about so many tonight, J & D are some of those, can't wait for tomorrow:)

Karen Thomas said...

I just stumbled across your blog and would love to read the stories. We are in the process of adopting two 7 year old boys from China and really need encouragement.

Jewels of My Heart said...

I am thankful the Lord gave you the answer about the book... I know it has been weighing heavy on your heart and mind.
Thank you for being faithful when He told you to gather the stories and for all that you put into it. And it did serve it's purpose for your babies are coming home.
I admit I always felt I was going to compile a book like this one day myself.... so when yours came along I felt my children's stories needed to be shared because it glorifies God in every way.... yet, in some ways it is nice to get their story back and I know God will open the door to share it with others one day...
God's Speed......
praying for your Maggie too.
Love,
Daleea

redmaryjanes said...

No worries my friend. I have so many new stories. Maybe one day in the distant future...there will be a new book.

Kim said...

I am sooo sorry my friend..
but totally understand.
Hugs..
Love you BIG Sister..
Happy Mother's Day..

Gail said...

Thank you so much for your sweet spirit and for encouraging so many in the journey that God has for them! Many blessings to you this Mother's Day!

Kristi said...

Do not be sad.....I am grateful to have gotten our story down on paper so Anna can have it. I would not have gotten to it without a deadline and a plan. Thanks Gwen for being a mover and a shaker as you inspire us all! Keeping you in my prayers as we wait for good news on Maggie's healing and for Joseph and Daisy.

David and Marianne said...

It's funny how we can hear God in part and think we know where He's going with the whole.... and then in a moment, He shows us a completely different end to what He started, well, not a different end than what HE planned just different than our human eyes envisioned. Your conclusion on this book sounds sooo much like the character of God and His unfathomable ways! Way to humble yourself before the Lord, sister!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png