Followers

Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Simple ...

READING "HOLE IN THE GOSPEL" ... MORE TO COME ...

here is just a taste ... " The true gospel is a call to self-denial.  It is not a call to self-fulfillment"  ... so much more to come on this ...

11 kind words.:

Anonymous said...

Amazing, amazing book! Such a sweet testimony of the power of God to use someone who wasn't even looking for it. The value of children is very clear in this book as are God's intentions for all of us to step it up and wake up!

Tracey

Unknown said...

AMEN!

No need to say more.

Love and blessings,
Jill
Luke 9:23-25

Trusting and Obeying every step of the way in 2010...at any cost!

Shannon said...

Such an incredible book! I read it this past fall and my church is planning to do the six week study. It's one I need to read over and over. One of my favorite quotes from the book is by the founder of World Vision..."Let my heart by broken by the things that break the heart of God" Bob Pierce

Thank you for all that you do share. I am always inspired and challenged by your words. I would love today to be the day that we start the adoption process....but I will continue to pray for my husband to be in the same place. I know the Lord has been working on his heart in great ways so for now I wait with patience.
Thank you~
Shannon

Kim said...

Gotta get my hands on a copy of that book. Not as easy as running to Lifeway in Cool Springs. Cannot wait to hear "more to come".
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim

Laurel said...

GREAT book!!!

Praying for you and the family.

mama of many

Kathy said...

I'm reading this, too. Wow! So much truth in this book, so much that challenges us! Looking forward to more posts on this.

Shonni said...

I am also reading this book right now and keep telling my husband something from it every day...it's a "wow" book for sure.

The Stums said...

You're making me want to order this book asap, but then again, you're making me not want to order it ever!

Jim and April said...

great quote! thanks for posting! What is the book about?

Tymm said...

Can't wait to read it!

Unknown said...

I have read this book and it really is heart stirring. I loved it. In fact when I was finished I wanted to buy one for everyone I knew. I like books that take us out of our protective hidden places and expose the things that we see, but choose to be blind to. We should all be praying that the Lord would break are hearts for the things that break His, and then ask Him to motivate us to make a change. Make a difference!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png