Followers

Blog Archive

Friday, November 13, 2009

BELMONT UNIVERSITY ... LAUNCH FOR 147 MILLION ORPHANS !!

 future 147 MILLION ORPHAN CEOs

If you are in the area please join us Friday, November 13th at 2006 Belmont Blvd. 6-8 pm at the FEEDBACK store (across from Bongo Java) ... There will be food, music, and FASHION SHOW ... I expect all my friends/family to be there w/ the 147 Million Orphan's gear ...

God is truly using this 147 project to change hearts and lives both here and afar ... I have said this a lot lately, but we are not about the number 147, but we are about the children ... God is the only one, who knows how many orphans are in the world ... We choose this name to make people aware that we are in a crisis in regards to THE LEAST OF THESE ... I want to say thank you to all who have purchased items, are sharing our story, and telling people about Katie ... I feel the strength in our numbers and I see God being glorified through our work ... WE ARE ON AN AMAZING JOURNEY !!!

blessings all !!! it would be so cool if I could announce tomorrow about a trip to Uganda ... GOD MOVE MOUNTAINS FOR US SO WE CAN GET TO OUR CHILDREN ...

11 kind words.:

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

Dear Gwen,

I stumbled upon Katie's, then yours and Suzanne's blogs a few weeks ago. What a trio you gals are in your fight to advocate for orphans! Thanks for your sacrifice of time, resources, and energy in obedience in caring for orphans.

I will pray that your launch at Belmont touches hearts and inspires people to do something to help the 147million. I will also pray that your two blessings in Uganda can come home soon. I know firsthand how hard it is to know your child needs you and not be able to be there. (We are adopting a 9 year old boy from Guatemala who is finally coming home after 2 1/2 years of praying.)

I've got your 147 button on my blog and will certainly be doing some Christmas shopping on your site.

God Bless,
Kathie from Georgia

Unknown said...

Praying those mountains moved!

Hugs and love,
Jill

Charity said...

Gwen, I have to thank you for giving us all the resources to help spread the news of the orphan crisis. You are a God send & such an inspiration. THANK YOU SISTER.

Also, I've been meaning to email you. If you haven't already, you need to read Max Lucado's new book The Tallest of Smalls. Every time I read it I think of you.
-Charity

Kim Jewett said...

Numbers. I have heard it said that man can count the number of seeds in an apple but only God can count the number of apples in a seed. He knows. I don't think so much about the number but all the little eyes, fingers and toes, and hearts to be molded. So glad we are following in obedience, though we still don't fully understand how it will all come together, and subtracting 1 from that number. Cannot wait to hear how the launch goes. Love ya sista!

The Stums said...

Love it, Gwen. My hubs is a college pastor near the Lee University campus, and he has some fabulous ideas in mind to spotlight businesses with a global purpose. I know you'll be settling in J&D, but I'll keep you posted to see if you could swing down to speak about 147.

Tanya said...

Looking forward to an announcement SOON! Praying...

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

YEAH!!! Wish I lived closer :)

Laura said...

I have on my shirt today in your honor since I can't be at Belmont!!! Hope it was a wonderful turnout for you guys!!

Shawnstribe said...

He does and will move mountains!!!!! i'm praying for you girl friend
xxx
s

The Ferrill's said...

Praying, Gwen!!!!!!!

That Fresh Feeling said...

Mountains will move and are moving. can't wait til you announce the day the call comes....until then will be in prayer.

did you get my order?

have a great evening.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png