Followers

Blog Archive

Monday, October 5, 2009

A birthday present from AFAR .. (not the phone call, but still fabulous)

So this picture came today from Curry (a volunteer at Amani and a dear friend of ours) ... For a second I went to a dark sad place missing them so much, but then I picked myself up and remembered that I serve an amazing God ... He has placed Curry there and she is a young woman my family has known for over six years and He has placed her there w/ my children to love on them till I get there (ONLY MY LORD DOES STUFF LIKE THAT) ... Thank you Lord and I will wait for your perfect timing and when I see them face to face it will be rich w/ blessings ...

I had a fun day eating a lot of chocolate and watching Jeremiah (#2) play a great football game while Emily/Maggie ran around laughing ... Elijah wrote me a sweet note and I got lots of sweet textes, cards, and treats today and more birthday wishes than any one person deserves ... I AM A BLESSED WOMAN!


28 kind words.:

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Happy Birthday Gwen...a great birthday present...not quite as good as the real thing. But your next birthday will be something only designed by God because those precious, gorgeous children will be singing to you in person...and we all will want to see that:-)

Still praying for miracles...

Connie

Kim said...

LOVE IT...
Glad you had a great Birthday..
Happy Birthday my sweet friend..
HUGS..
You will have ALL your babies home next year for your Birthday..

Miss Janet said...

Jesus loves you, girl!

Happy Birthday!

Janet

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Happy birthday Gwen!

Renee Click said...

What a Sweet Sweet birthday wish! Glad you had a great one! I know you will have an extra special one next year and many more after! That is a precious picture!

Renee

Goosegirl said...

Oh Gwen, what a beautiful picture! Those children are so gorgeous! I am praying you are all together very, very soon.
Sivje

Melinda said...

Now that is a sweet birthday present! Two beautiful kids smiling for their mommy! I am praying you receive your call this week! It was such a blessing meeting you this weekend. I love your heart and your passion for adoption. You are inspiring many my friend! Can't wait to see all that God has planned for you. Happy Birthday!

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday! The picture of those precious children melts my heart!

Small Stones said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a wonderful present! Sorry it wasn't the phone call, but as you said, we serve a Great Lord who has a plan. We must just trust in His timing. Remember you can turn to Him when you feel you are in a "dark place", for He knows your feelings and has suffered them, too.

What a cute picture! Glad you had a happy (chocolate filled!) day with your family!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Gwen! What a beautiful picture of your babies! So happy to hear the conference went so well.

I had the chance to share about you and Katie and Suzanne with some women at my women's bible study this past Friday. We are all praying for you and the journey ahead! You are all so inspiring!
Many Blessings!
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!! Sounds like it was good. :)
You are so right...only our Lord puts someone in a far away place to love on our children until we can...simply amazing.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Precious Friend!
I miss you so!
Kim

carolinagirl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! I hope it was fabulous! The photo of your babies is adorable...just look at those BIG eyes! So cute.

Unknown said...

Gwen- love that you got the photo on your birthday!

Praying with you for that phone call!

Praising God for the life He is living through you!

Happy Birthday!
Love,
Jill

Beautiful Mess said...

Weeping! That is super special in SO many ways!

God bless!

The Ferrill's said...

Oh Happy late Birthday sweet friend!!!!!!!!!
Just think, when you get that call...it will be like your birthday all over again! ;)
I can't wait to hear more about the conference...it sounds Heavenly!
Love you and praying for yall!

Cody and Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! I'm encouraged to find your blog and know that someone understands how hard it is to wait. We, too, are waiting to bring our precious children home from Uganda. It's a very difficult, trust building time for us. We're trying to cherish the time we have left as a family of four and know that our three precious waiting children are clothed, fed, and being taken to church. Still, it's very difficult to trust their lives to God while preparing for them and diligently taking care of our family members at home.

Thank you for your blog and know that people you've never met are praying for you and your sweet children. Maybe I'll meet you in Uganda sometime!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday indeed!
The greatest gifts are yet to come my friend!

Anonymous said...

Precious! just think...next year they will be IN your b'day
picture. Wishing you a happy day filled with
great memories.
Amy

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Totally wonderful pic, but I know you can't wait to hear it from them personally! Praying it will be soon!!!!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the picture of their beautiful faces and their special birthday message brought tears to my eyes.....
I am so sad for you but I am even more over joyed for you!
God is going to bring them home.... soon.... very very soon... until then I am so thankful and oh, so amazed how He is showering them with love... they can almost reach out and touch you...
PRAYING!
God's Speed...
love you

Leigh said...

Happy Birthday Gwen (a day late!)

It was great to meet you this weekend! Praying your sweet babies will be in your arms SOON!!!!

Anonymous said...

they're beautiful!!!

Love,
Abbie

Rachelle said...

Happy Birthday!! My youngest son celebrated his 15th birthday yesterday also. Hope you are able to get to your children soon. You are such an inspiration! Blessings!!

Lisa K. said...

They truly are BEAUTIFUL kids with the most gorgeous eyes/eyelashes. Praying your time to get them will be soon.

Blessings, LIsa

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Happy Birthday!
Another thing we have in common, October birthdays.....
Robbie

Jen said...

How does the fundraising t-shirts work? I was wondering about the details. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hello from Russia!
Can I quote a post "No teme" in your blog with the link to you?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png