Followers

Blog Archive

Monday, August 17, 2009

Her Name ...DAISY

When I got the call from Amani about a daughter last week, we were beyond elated, yet knew we had to wait for a formal referral and some paperwork to be completed. There was no guarantee she would be ours, so I guarded my heart and try to pretend she wasn't there. I was going to get my son and someday our daughter would be revealed. I wouldn't say I was disappointed about God not having her ready for me to come get, but I felt incomplete. There was this slight lack of peace, but yet, I wanted to be obedient to God's timing. And then today, I get a call that all the papers are ready and she is ours and her name is DAISY ... I almost missed it and then it completely swept over me, how God was confirming our journey to Uganda, how He was saying come get your daughter, He is pleased with our journey and the message on this journey to others .... There are thousands of people wearing a DAISY on their chest from our t-shirts. You purchased a shirt to help us bring our children home and God sealed it today with our daughter ...SHE IS DAISY and you all helped bring her home, you have been spreading the news about the 147 Million other orphans, and you have walked hand in hand with us .... DAISY WILL BE HER NAME and we are working on the Abigail part ... I am just sitting here in tears thinking that God would send us such a clear and unmistakable message .... ONE THAT YOU ALL GET TOO EXPERIENCE WITH US ....

I am not sure I know how to end this post .... HER NAME IS DAISY ... can you believe that and she was abandoned approximately 6 months ago when I started the designing process of the DAISY (you love the orphan, you love the not?) .... WHAT CAN I SAY .... She just turned 2 and HER NAME IS DAISY ...

Her custody papers have been Fed Exp (can you say busy, busy, busy day) and I am asking you all to pray that her custody papers will be signed soon, so I can get a new affidavit with both Joseph and Daisy's name on it and it won't delay our travel to much ... MY CHILDREN NEED TO COME HOME .... Lord, you are perfect in every way and YOU ARE GOD NO MATTER WHAT ...

I will leave you with this ... HER NAME IS DAISY !!!! (no pictures yet)

83 kind words.:

Kim said...

OMW... HOW PERFECT...
God is truly watching over you ..
and you have planned all of these amazing things to bring your babies home..
YOU are the amazing one .. God has just followed you and made your dreams come true..
Daisy and Joseph.. can't get anymore perfect then that..LOVE YA SISTER...
Bring on the pictures...

JG said...

WOW! That IS a God thing!! Still on cloud 9 over here for you.

Melinda said...

Praise God! Congratulations Gwen!! I am so happy for you all and can't wait to see a picture of her beautiful face. I ordered my shirt and can't wait to get it. I will think of her now when I wear it. What an awesome God we serve!

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

PRAISE GOD!!!! I absolutely love that her name is Daisy...can't wait to see pictures of her!!! I am praying for everything to go so quickly. I am so amazed!

Anonymous said...

Just completely amazed!

Jill in AZ

Diane said...

You know what? I'm just sitting here, in my laundry room(of course) just sitting here...reading, shaking my head and smiling, just smiling so big...and gettin' it, really, really gettin' it! Don't you just love this? God will not leave Daisy orphaned, He truly has come for her...He is so very, very good and I praise Him, along with the Team:)tonight and always!!!

Thank you, Father, for your Loving provision in sweet Daisy's life and in the lives of her family, her very own Team!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! I am smiling and rejoicing and shaking my head and WOW. What a magnificent Father we have. He must truly delight in us to let us be part of His sweet plan. I love her name! Love You All, Suzanne Kroeker

Stephanie @ It Is Well said...

Yay God! Oh my goodness! Yay! There aren't other words! Praying that you get to bring BOTH your sweet babies home soon! And praising God for His wonderful, perfect timing! So excited for y'all! :D

Stephanie @ It Is Well said...

Yay God! Oh my goodness! Yay! There aren't other words! Praying that you get to bring BOTH your sweet babies home soon! And praising God for His wonderful, perfect timing! So excited for y'all! :D

Jewels of My Heart said...

Her name is Daisy.......
I just read Diane's comment above and it sums up what I am doing and feeling......
I don't know why I am so amazed really..... after all our God is so AMAZING! It should truly come as no surprise!
Thank You Jesus for one less orphan in the world..... for bringing Daisy home and for how her family's journey to her has glorified You in each step of the way.... how the "world" can look on and deep down will not be able to deny that it was the hand of God that brought these two precious children home to their forever families....

Her name is Daisy.......

God's Speed.....

Amie said...

Omgoodness.... Gwen... I TOTALLY missed the Daisy connection. completely and totally missed it. When you texted me today, I was so stinkin excited and shouting to the Lord, and almost driving my BIG MAMA van off the side of the road, that I completely missed that. un-believe-able! Only GOD!!!!! wow. wow. wow. wow. wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Gwen, I am just so thrilled for you. So thrilled for her. 147 million orphans minus one little Daisy. I am in tears... and I wish I were there to give you a big ol hug and to celebrate and praise God right along side you.

sending you many hugs and tons and tons o love, dear friend!!!

in he words of My dear friend Linny...YIPPEE Jesus!!!!

:)
Amie

Amie said...

Her name is Daisy... I mean, really. How stinkin' cool is that. again, PTL! Just had to come back to read it one. more .time.

hugs~
Amie

James 1:27 Family said...

So thrilled for you! We serve an AMAZING God! Can't wait to see pictures of your newest additions.
Many blessings!

Unknown said...

I don't thin I ever told you about our referral of Caroline. Her name was Huai, Chun Yu, which means Spring Rain. She was found in the spring and it was raining.

The day we received her referral? It was Spring...and it was raining.

Only God. Only God.

Congratulations, my friend. Can't wait to SEE (Maria's word) little Daisy's face.

Kristy said...

Wow!!! Of course her name is Daisy!!! It was imprinted on your heart from the beginning and he *did* reveal it to you earlier! How cool is that?! I LOVE that your daughter will have such an awesome story to tell about her early days, her mom was busy creating daisies while waiting for Daisy to come home! And God had it all planned out all along. Just WOW! Congratulations! I will continue to pray for you and all of your children.

Nancy said...

Holy cow, I go out of town for TWO measly days, and all HEAVEN breaks loose! YIPPEE JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, Gwen! What joyous news! TWO babies!!!! YAHOO!!!

Aren't you going to be the busy one? Not that you aren't NOW...oh, my! :) Such blessed busyness! :)

Love ya!!!!

Nancy in CT

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

You gave me chills!
Congratulations!
Amy

sallee said...

Daisy..........the most perfect flower ever created........my most favorite...... Beautiful... so happy for you and So amazing how our Great GOD works out the little details and desires of our hearts !! Before the foundations of the earth....
blessings, Sallee and family

theheartofachild said...

LOVE this God confirmation!!! Oh how fun... Daisy!!! Congratulations!
Jenny

Barb said...

Fabulous news. I'm sitting here with tears welling up in my eyes!

Kristi J said...

oh, i love it...I can't wait to hold my little Daisy...She and LL will just love each other I know :) kj

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Daisy is a beautiful name. Cant wait to see pictures of her.

Lots of love from Down Under!!

Unknown said...

Yesterday when you first posted - instantly I had the image of the flower in my mind. I love DAISY's!

Oh her name is perfect!!!

ONLY GOD!

Scott and Gwen our family is praying for your children and your journey to bring them home!

We are so touched by God's goodness!

We serve a mighty GOD!

Praising Him with you today!
Love and hugs,
Jill

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

My goodness! Her name is Daisy! That is so INCREDIBLE!! God is so cool to do something like this. What an INCREDIBLE testimony. He us in the details, and is honoring your work for the least of these.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

My goodness! Her name is Daisy! That is so INCREDIBLE!! God is so cool to do something like this. What an INCREDIBLE testimony. He us in the details, and is honoring your work for the least of these.

Mom 2 six said...

I am going to be even prouder to wear my shirt. I am going to smile and think of Daisy.... way too cool.

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm so happy for you. What a special name for a special little girl. Continued blessings to your sweet family.

Vanessa said...

Congratulations!!

Ann Marie said...

God is a God of details. Blessings to you and speedy travel. Thank you for sharing your story with the world.

Ann Marie
joyfullybusy.blogspot.com

mommy24treasures said...

oh Gwen, I am beyond happy for you! I am elated! What wonderful wonderful news... Oh how good our Father is... She is so perfect:)I can't wait to hear more.
Congrats friend.
Love
C

emily said...

tears, not surprised as that is just like Him!!! :)

Love her already.

Aaron and Erica said...

I have chills...God, you are so good! We Praise Your Name!

ashley said...

Praise the Lord! This is wonderful for your family! Amazing how God works-my Great Grandma is Daisy and she is the most godly,sweet hearted lady I have had the priviledge of knowing, I believe in my heart that your daughter will carry that legacy on.

John & Michelle said...

God is truely in the details!
(((HUGS)))
from Cookeville

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I've got goosebumps on top of goosebumps! That's so like God isn't it! :)

~Lynn

Rebecca V. said...

Oh, how aweswome is He!!! I love it. I am praying all the papers go through quickly. Your children will be home soon, Gwen! Cannot wait to meet them both in person.

Gigi and Grandy in Katy said...

Wow. How great is our God!

Charity said...

I just got chills!!! I love it when God so perfectly confirms things (in our minds). Why are we so surprised when He comes through for us? WOW. I can't wait to hear more about sweet little Daisy. She is truly blessed & will cherish her story for the rest of her life.
Does this mean you'll be able to bring them home together? Thank you for making my morning so bright.
I got your email - still processing it - will reply soon. Thanks again. Blessings,
Charity

Erin said...

Ha, before I read this post, I woke up this morning and put on my daisy shirt.... even though it doesn't fit anymore because of my baby belly :)

I LOVE the story God is weaving here -- I can't wait to see you guys all together. I know Matty Joseph will take good care of his little sister til you can get there :) LOVE you all!

Kelly said...

NO MISTAKES....ABSOLUTE PERFECTION ...ABUNDANT JOY...SUFFICIENT GRACE...PLANS TO GIVE DAISY HOPE AND A FUTURE... ONLY GOD

Kathy said...

Oh Gwen, I love it!!!
This brought tears to my eyes.
Praising Him!!

Kim said...

Only God! Can you hear my shouts of joy from Hong Kong? We are thrilled for Team Oatsvall and will be praying Joseph and Daisy home!
Love & Miss You,
Kim

jeanette said...

Congratulations!!!

I have chills! What a neat God we serve to weave together such a great story about her name. :)

amy said...

Isn't that just like our amazing God? "I have called you by name...you are mine." Isaiah 43:1

Tears are flowing just thinking about this precious angel that will soon be with you!

Daisy...you are in for a huge blessing.

Amy

LaLa said...

So happy for you!!! Totally a God thing! Can't wait to see pics : )

Unknown said...

God is so good! He is faithful! He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion! We are rejoicing for you and your family!!

Holly said...

Yes, of course her name would be Daisy.
God is faithful above all things.
In awe of Him more and more...

Laura said...

Now, I am crying, too...love love love your heart!

Laura said...

AWESOME!!! I got chills just reading your post about Daisy! What a great story you'll be able to tell her when she gets older. So excited for you guys!

Jenn in GA said...

that is going to be the coolest story to tell over and over and over and over and over!!! i think that is truly confirmation for you and scott, and for all the others who are involved in this movement to be obedient to God's Word.

will you get to pick her up at the same time as you do Joseph?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Our God is so Amazing!!! Thank you for sharing so much of yourself and allowing God to speak to me thru your life. I will be praying for you Daisy Joseph and the entire Oatsvall family!
Tosha

The Ferrill's said...

PRAISING GOD!!!!!!!!
Those shirts already had such a meaning behind them; only God could cement it in our hearts like that, Gwen! AMAZING! He is in the details...every itty bitty detail! Thank you Lord for allowing us all to have a part of Daisy and little Joseph! It's just another piece of the story that we can share as we wear our shirts!!!!!!
I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!
Daisy...YOU'VE BEEN PICKED HONEY! Your mommy and daddy are coming SOON!
Love you!

day by day said...

Amazingly perfect!!! Only God!!!
Congratulations!!!

The Porter Family said...

Gives me chill bumps ... what an amazing story for you to share with Daisy some day!

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Oh my goodness....we are praising God with you. So great to see that God cares about every little detail of our lives and He must be smiling as He surprised you with such a perfect gift.

Congratulations!

The Stums said...

Somehow I missed this news until today, and I'm AMAZED!!! Daisy??!!! If you've never felt confirmation before, you (and all of us) sure do now! Totally blown away. My fabulous hat has an entirely new meaning.

Abbie Whitehurst said...

God is watching over you!! I am so happy for you! The whole Daisy thing is incredible!! GOD IS AMAZING!!

Love,blessings,and prayers!

Abbie

Unknown said...

If this is not a story of God SHOWING OFF I don't know what is!!! Daisy! How beautiful and perfect! He is so amazing!

Anonymous said...

Oh Gwen,
What an amazing and wonderful God we serve and great is your reward you good and faithful servant.
What a loving sign from Him to have Daisy awaiting you and your family!!!
Betsy Schubert

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

WOW!!!!!! How amazing is our God? TOOO Amazing!!!!! Bless your beautiful family, and as you prepare your hearts and home and lives for your beautiful additions!

carolinagirl said...

Gwen, this story gave me chills! I am so happy to say that I have one of your DAISY shirts!!! Congratulations! God is GOOD!

Terri said...

WOW, God is so amazing how he works!!! I know I have not posted much this summer but I have definitely followed along to see how things have been progressing. What a story you have!!! Love the name Daisy & I can not wait to see her precious face!!!!

Erica said...

Tears friend. AMAZING to see God work. He cares about the details. What an AWesoME God we serve!

Erica said...

Tears friend. AMAZING to see God work. He cares about the details. What an AWesoME God we serve!

Steffie B. said...

I am sobbing.....speechless....so amazed.....so happy for you, for Daisy.....praises to our Father in heaven.....

S*

Deb said...

Have started back to school, so hadn't visited your blog in a couple of weeks.....DAISY is coming! What a perfect name....only our God could do that! He imprinted that name on your heart months ago. So thrilled for you. Praise be to our awesome God!

Diane said...

Daisy Katherine(Katie:), could it get any better than that:)!!! Beautiful name....praying sweet Daisy, and her bro, Joseph(you know how much I love that name:) all the way home!!

Michelle R Photography said...

I got chills while reading this. Only God.... ONLY GOD!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Amy Jo said...

Rejoicing with you and your family, Gwen!!! God is SO good! Can't wait to see a photo of your new daughter! Sweet blessings & JOY! Amy

MommyBrec said...

CONGRATULATIONS! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!
Okay, but seriously, I was almost in tears reading this! How touching! God is so, so good. This story was just another testiment that God knows each one of us and knows EVERYTHING that is going on...not a sparrow falls from the sky that He doesn't know about. I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet little Daisy. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful news.

Breclyn
sixteensmallstones.blogspot.com
smallstonesafricaandchina@yahoo.com
16smallstones.com

Love said...

so stinkin' awesome. i get ever get over it. she is DAISY. of course she is.
soooooooooooooo happy for you all.
with many prayers,
lovelyn

jennifer said...

Absolutely amazing!!

jajbs said...

God is so incerdible! Words cannot describe how awesome He is and how perfect His timing is. Praying them home the rest of the way!


amanda

3 Peanuts said...

I have chills reading about your exciting news. I am so thrilled for you. God clearly chose this little one for your beautiful family. Blessings.

Jason Egly said...

wow. Wow. WOW!!!

Congratulations, Oatsvalls!!

God is good.

Jason

Amanda said...

I am amazed at this but not surprised. i have witnessed so many tailored made adoption stories...I love how each one is so unique and so full of Promise. Gwen, you are a precious woman of God and I'm so glad I know you. I can't wait to meet sweet Daisy..

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Gwen! I'm in tears, tears of joy, tears from reading about Daisy's name. God is always in the details, isn't He?! I am thrilled for you!!!!! Can't wait to see your Daisy and know that she and Joseph are home. :)

Mommy said...

WOw! WOW! WOW! Only God indeed. That is one amazing story. Daisy...sweet little Daisy is coming home...

Maria and Family said...

You couldnt have planned this ! I have goose bumps just SEEING how GOD worked this all out. A wonderful plan :) I love god-incidences...you can just feel the love...

Auntie Amanda said...

Daisy?! that's awesome! I think I met her, if it's the same one. But that's so cool, considering your shirt design and everything! Awwww! Saying lots of prayers for her and Matty J ;)

Cate said...

How like God is that? I am asked so many questions about my daisy shirt every time I wear it.

Cate said...

How like God is that? I am asked so many questions about my daisy shirt every time I wear it.

Anonymous said...

I am speechless and amazed and I can't stop smiling. WOW. WOW. WOW!!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png