Followers

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Stay ...

I am exhausted, but know the mind is a powerful thing, so I have a choice to make ... be stressed, depressed, and broken or weary, filled w/ joy, and the power of the spirit ... I am going to choose the later, because it is my nature ... God is speaking many thing to me right now ... peace, thankfulness, and truth !!! He is my FATHER and He will sustain me ... We are having some struggles here that resemble her behavior when we first came home ... She is scared, the meds are messing w/ her little mind, and she wants to go home ... Here is the difference (as you all know) My mom's heart has grown so much over this past year w/ Maggie ... She has taught me a lot about the Father ... He is my rock and my fortress !!! I will abide in His shelter ... Please continue to pray ... Maggie has a high tempature right now, which is to be expected and she is really wanting to go home, which for most children is normal and no big deal, but I think of how long it took her to love home, love me, love daddy, love Jeremiah, love Elijah, and love Emily that when she cries to go home I REJOICE ...

Off to watch High School Muscial 3 (thanks D) for the 4th time tonight ... Oh, did I mention that all meds have the opposite effect on my ANGEL .... No Sleeping ... plus our hospital bed is possessed ... It just moves w/ no one pushing buttons !!!!! Just a little way God keeps things light and us laughing in the midst of the pain ...

43 kind words.:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I hope you both found a bit of sleep tonight. I can relate to your struggles with medication and hospital beds. Someday, Maggie and Josie need to meet. Please know you've both been in my prayers.

Steffie B. said...

Praying for sweet Mags and you girlfriend...... ;)

Kellie said...

We are keeping you in our prayers. Praying for your little Maggie and praying for your heart. Sorry she is unable to rest.
~Kellie

Shelly and Family said...

Oh Gwen...I have been following along with Maggie and what's been happening...Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys during this very difficult time...

Please keep us posted....

Carrie said...

Praying, Praying, Praying...
Strength to you and comfort to Maggie...

Kathi said...

I'm so glad that there could be times of levity through the pain and tears... still praying hard over here

Beautiful Mess said...

Praying for you and yours! They are all HIS!

Praise to the Lord who is worthy!

Pam said...

I have spread the word for people to pray of Maggie. That is great that she is loving home and her family so much that she wants to go home.

Kristin L. said...

Praying for you all this morning. Gwen, although I've never met you, you are written all over Psalm 34 and it encourages all of us who have looked on.

vs.4" I sought the Lord and he answered me, he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are RADIANT, their faces are never covered with shame.... The Angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who takes refuge in him....The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing...The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry....The righteous cry out and the Lord hears them, he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the broken hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Trusting God with all he promises in these passages. May he lift you up, even in sleeplessness and heavy hearted days.
Praying from Austin, TX

emily said...

That is why I love you- you choose joy, you choose to see Him when so many others in your same situation would wallow in despair. You are NOT alone, you have many walking right beside you, praying for you!

Love you sister.

katie said...

after Jesus and my mother, you are totally my hero :)

andrea said...

oh gwen!
i am so sorry!!
i will pray for you and your sweet maggie!!
wish i could give you a giant hug!
love ya!

Leigh Ann said...

Can't remember is I posted this morning before I left for work...geez, it was only a couple of hours ago! Oh Well, if not:

Just wanted to let you know that we love you and are praying for Maggie - all of your "biggest blogger loser" girls are praying and lifting Maggie up as well.

And if I did already post, you can never have enough words of encouragement. Love you!

Kim said...

Keeping you in my thoughts..
LOVE YA...
Hugs..

Anonymous said...

You are all in our prayers through this journey God is taking you on!We will pray for healing and strength and sleep.

Take care!
Anna Bailey

chelsey in texas said...

praying for sweet maggie and your whole family! i wore my shirt today and got to share your story w/2 different people! god bless!

Susan said...

Praying for your strength, and for the way God allows you to find the blessing in the midst of it all.....I know Maggie rests in His hands. Now if she could only find some sleep there! :)

Gillian said...

Oh sweet baby. Precious Maddie has been just branded on our hearts and constantly in our prayers. I see the Father, seating you on His lap--drawing you to hear His heart beat. Rocking you in His grace.

"I love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge...I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.The cords of death encompassed me, the torrents of perdition assailed me; the cords of She'ol entangled me, the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help...He reached from on high, He took me,He drew me out of many waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy..Yea, thou dost light my lamp; the Lord my God lightens my darkness. Yea, by thee I can crush a troop;and by my god I can leap over a wall..This God--His way is perfect;the promise of the Lord proves true; He isa shield for all those who take refuge in Him." Within His embrace, Much Love, Gillian Tucker (friend of Tracy Mihnovich)

Leah said...

We are just returning from a 3 day hospital stay. Find you an out of the way room that is not used much. Name it your sancutary and go there alone and just lose your mind crying before the Savior for a bit. Then let Him pick you up. I will pray, my friend. We are home now, but devasted. Please pray.

Kim said...

Praying Through the Tough Times
by Lloyd John Ogilvie

Almighty God, Sovereign of all and personal Lord of my life, thank you for the gift of prayer. It is awesome that you who are Creator, Sustainer, and Redeemer of all, know me by name, and know my needs before I ask you. In this sacred moment I realize I need you more than anything you can give me. You created me to know and enjoy you as my Master and Friend. You who are so mighty are also magnanimous in my friendship with you. You love me, give me security, and replenish my hope. Time with you changes everything. My stress and strain are healed by your peace, my worries are resolved by trusting you, my burdens are lifted off my back, my soul is replenished by your indwelling Spirit. You care for me so much that you confront me when I am tempted with pride, anger, or impatience. You change my thinking when it gets muddled or confused. You have challenged me to pray for and care for others. You give me the courage to put the needs of your kingdom first, above personal advantage.

I have every reason to be hopeful as I deal with the momentous and mundane issues this day will dish out. Give me the zest, verve and vitality I need for today. Overcome my caution and concern. With vibrant expectations I will press on with enthusiasm. Amen

Philippians 3:21 Ephesians 3:20

Over-Caffeinated said...

Your attitude is everything! My oldest has paradoxical reactions to meds too... we have a terrible time when he has surgery so I feel for you!

Praise God that she wants to go home. Praise God that she has a mama who will walk through this with her. Praise God that someone loves her enough to pursue surgery. Praise God for plucking her out of her misery and loving her enough to give her to you. And for loving YOU enough too!

Love love love! What can I do today to help you?

Ondrea

coffeemom said...

Praying fervently for you guys! I know how hard hospital stays are even as I can't imagine what you are going through, really. But I know that God is with you, embracing you and holding you both up. And He loves little Maggie (and Gwen). Prayers will continue...hang in there! M

Anonymous said...

Gwen...what a spirit you have :) And so focused in your trust in the lord...I will do the same...for Maggie!!

Erica said...

I wish I lived close enough to come bring you coffee. Praying continually sweet friend.

anna said...

You are stronger than anyone I know...Maggie is a warrior and you are too...love, hugs, and many prayers

luffa you!
anna

Unknown said...

What a beautiful soul you are!

Tracy said...

that sweet maggie!...we love her so much!....how awesome that she wants to be home where she is most loved and protected. praying for clarity for her precious heart and understanding of His goodness to her through her loving mama!

Kristy said...

Praying for you and Maggie. Hope you both find some peace and rest today. Hang in there and keep turning to God for your strength. I may go against the grain, but I don't believe God causes things to happen to us but he is there to carry us through the difficult times and hold us in his hands. So snuggle into his palm and let him cuddle you for a bit!

Kristy said...

Praying for you and Maggie. Hope you both find some peace and rest today. Hang in there and keep turning to God for your strength. I may go against the grain, but I don't believe God causes things to happen to us but he is there to carry us through the difficult times and hold us in his hands. So snuggle into his palm and let him cuddle you for a bit!

cottage girl said...

Praying, praying, praying. May God's peace and comfort surround you. And may His healing be miraculous in Maggie!

The Ferrill's said...

The Lord will reward your great faith! Keep making those choices to keep your mind steadfast on HIM!
Romans 8:28 He's working it for GOOD, somehow, someway!
"Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness..."
We're believing God to be HUGE in your family and in Maggie's healing...
Nothing is impossible with God!
Already, Maggie has touched so many lives and by seeing your faithfulness, OUR faith has been strengthened...
YOU'RE ROCKIN' even when you feel like you're falling!
Much love....

Diane & family :) said...

Sweet Maggie. She has come so far since the first day you hugged her little self, Gwen. I do understand how much your heart sings with thanks to know that Maggie wants to go home with the rest of the Team. Praying so much for her and her precious Team!!! Please give her hugs from all of us, and continue to let us know how we can pray for Maggie and the Team, and, yes, that includes you, Gwen:). Praying for amazing Peace and Strength that only He can breathe into you all!! Love to all the Team...

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

I am praying for sweet Maggie....I can't imagine what she is feeling....and how exhausted you have to be!! I want to bring y'all dinner or help out in ANY way. My cell is 495-7813. Call me if you need ANYTHING!!!! Love y'all.

Lindsey

Cheryl said...

Praying for your precious Angel! and for you sweet sister.

Praying for rest... in every sense.

Much love!

Tina said...

Praying... actively... for you and Maggie.

Strength.
Supernatural Strength.

Love you so.

Kristi J said...

Prayin for you guys :) kristi

Anonymous said...

Jensen and I are praying continually for Emily's mom and sissie! We know that God has promised good to you...
Love ya sister! Michelle

Nikki said...

Oh Gwen, your family has been in my thoughts constantly!
I will lift you all up...I can only imagine how difficult all of this is on you.
We love you - and will pray especially for sweet little Maggie.
XOXO

April said...

Praying and thinking of you and Maggie..we pray her temp goes down and her mind is at ease with you beside her, praying God watch over you both..

Heather said...

Continuing to think of & keep you all in our prayers. Hoping for a full recovery for sweet Maggie!

Diane & family said...

Praying for the Team!! Hugs to you all!!

Laura said...

We are praying for your little Maggie. Last night I could not get her out of my thoughts...

We have great love and admiration for you. We are praying for quick healing and strength for you and your family.

Love,

The Hoffman's

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your family and that God will bring you peace. I have also been praying for my own peace the last few days and I can rejoice because He has given it to me. God's Blessings to you. Much love. Dianna

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png