Followers

Blog Archive

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Stuff Stuck In My Head ...

I really have a lot of little things to share so I am going to do a sort of update post here of things that have happened or projects I am working on ... EMPTY OUT MY HEAD SO TO SPEAK ... hee hee

1. The Book is coming along ... It is an enormous amount of work and really requires me to work on it when the kids are sleeping (doesn't happen much)... I can't wait for it to be completed and see how God's hand moves it to work for the glory of the Lord ... Hoping to have it ready by Mother's Day ...

2. I am designing a t-shirt to sell to help raise funds for our adoption, but more than that it is a conversation piece ... I believe we have to be talking and acting on behalf of the orphans of the world daily ... Plus it is SO SO SO CUTE ...I just know you are all going to love it !!!

3. I got a tattoo on my Anniversary in December ... I got the Chinese symbol ADOPTED put on my ankle ... It is my prayer that everyone in my family will be ADOPTED in to the family of Christ ... The word ADOPTED has become such a special word to my heart ... It speaks volumes about the ultimate unconditional love given to each of us by God ...

4. We have raised over $75,000 for Katie's ministry in the 4 months since we have meet her ... Katie has taught me to be CRAZY in living out my life for Christ ...She leaves for Uganda on Monday and it will be bittersweet ... I am so excited for her to see her children again, but will miss listening to her talk of how Christ is working in Uganda ... Suzanne and I will continue to share her story w/ others and raise awareness of her ministry needs ...

5. Lola Belle is the most amazing little person ...It has only been a week, but I totally understand her needs: the way she likes to be held, her sleeping schedule, how to keep her awake, and the way she likes to be kissed on her cheeks ... I thank you Lord for the gift of her ...

6. My local friends laugh at my blog sometimes because they think I forget some of the real stuff, so just in case you didn't know ... I yell at my kids sometimes, I spend days in the same clothes, I don't like to cook, My kids are not perfect and totally smart off at me sometimes, I don't like getting up in the morning, I have gone off on rude people before at the YMCA, I get mad when people ask me in front of my girls if they "Are Real Sisters?", I do talk about orphans everyday, I don't like doing craft projects w/ my kids, I don't like cold weather and get a little depressed during the cold months, I am an exercise freak (at least 5 days a week), and so on ... You get the picture I am not perfect, perky, or happy all the time ...Diet Coke and Chocolate do help though ...

7. Friday Suzanne treated Katie and I to massages at the spa ...It was a much needed blessing ... It was fun day of just hanging out and talking since Katie is leaving Monday ... Plus sweet sweet Kim brought dinner to my family and a cute outfit for Lola Belle ... I am blessed w/ amazing people in my life WHO GET IT !!!!

I think that is it ... Not a real great post just some stuff stuck up in my head that needed to come out ...

Have a great week friends ...

33 kind words.:

Musings from Kim K. said...

You are one SUPER BUSY Momma. That massage sounds much-needed. HUGS!!
Have a wonderful week, Gwen.

Leigh Ann said...

What a sweet post...what a wonderful life you have!

I can't wait to see you later today!

Unknown said...

Cool tattoo and cant wait to see the tshirt and books my friend!!!

YOU make me smile!

Kim said...

I LOVE this post..
But I love you girly..
Sounds like things are real and going well..
I am sooo excited about your book.. It is going to be AMAZING..
And as for the Tees... I am ready... LOVE T's...
Have a great Sunday..
Glad Lola Belle is doing well..
Hugs..

jennifer said...

You are hysterical! I love that you got a tatoo. We want pictures!! I also can't wait for the book and the t-shirt!! Not fair to drop that on us and not show a pic!!

And of course, love #6. Nice to know that you are actualy "human". With all you do for everyone, you definitely seem to have some "superwoman" characteristics!! lol...

April said...

Loved catching up on what is going on with you, glad to see your not perfect,LOL, but no matter, you are still a great example and mentor to me even though we have never met....I am glad to see I am not the only one who gets irritated with rude people and being asked if my girls are "real sisters", I have started saying, yes, the are real and their sisters...give me a break...anyway, it's nice to catch up with you Gwen, love ya girlie...

Kelly said...

ALL your posts are great. Thanks again for lettingme vent Friday--it was much needed, and I feel better now. :o) Love you sweet friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking we'd already figured out #6 on our own:)

There is a church site (I think) I stumbled upon the other evening. Very cool t's that were really, really similar to the ever popular red "insi(red)" t's that are everywhere...these are also red t's but on the front they said "adopt(ed)"(Ephesians).....I loved them!!! I'll try to remember to send you the link if I can find it:)

Enjoying the journey with you...

Steffie B. said...

I sooooo need a tattoo.....smooch girl.....I still think you are the bomb!

emily said...

Totally disagree- it was a great post. I love just hearing your heart! Can't wait to continue this adventure called life with you! :)

Thinking about you and praying for clarity.........

De Lucchi Family Treasures said...

A spa treatment, chocolate and friends sounds just perfect to me!!
Love Jules

Over-Caffeinated said...

I have a T-shirt for you and Suzanne and I will send one to Katie when Suzanne travels since it's practically Monday already... it's not super cute (that was the essential flaw in us not being able to sell them), but I LOVE the wording on it... of course, I did come up with it, so why wouldn't I love it!? I usually like all my ideas more than others do... hahaha

Oh, I had something else to tell you and now I can't remember. I'll have to go re-read your post and come back to the comments! :)

andrea said...

ah gwen..i love reading your posts!
seriously..and thank you for writing number 6!

i was staring to get mommy guilt:):)

cant' wait to buy the tshirt and the book:)

Kristy said...

I personally think this post was great!!! I can't wait for your book and your tshirt to come out, because I want one of each!

And a little to toot my own horn, my publish date for my book right now is February 14th! I am so excited.

Love you bunches, Kristy

Anonymous said...

what a life :) love hearing about it...it would be plenty boring if we just went about our day LOL

Heather said...

I like when you pour out the stuff that is stuck in your pretty head:)

The book - hope we are in there. The shirt - I will wear it with pride (not too much pride, the good kind:) The maassage - go girl, what a wondeful gift. Living out your faith - precious and perfect in His will, love it. I aspire to be more like that. Lola Belle - just.so.sweet. And the everyday stuff - whew! Gwen, we are all in this together and not a one of us that doesn't have a list like that to share!! Just thankful we have each other along this journey.

Have an awesome week.
God Bless, girl
Heather

Terry said...

WOW girl! $75,000 in 4 months for Katie's ministry is incredible! I am so proud of you for being involved!

Can't wait to see the t-shirt! Hurry up already...it's not like you have any thing else to keep you busy during the day. ;) Oh, I SO get having to work when the kids are sleeping...not an easy task...but eventually, the hard work and long hours will have all been worth it.

Kristi J said...

you crack me up...I've already figured all that out about you...I love that none of us are perfect...We just keep trying to be better people...just not perfect people...Call me and give me updates on LB...kristi

Kim said...

Love this post and everything about #6. Cannot wait to see the tattoo, t-shirt and book! Love ya! Kim

Talley said...

I went to high school with Emily Alexander and have been following her blog daily. I have now come to yours from hers. You are both such wonderful women. I love drawing inspiration from reading your wonderful posts. You encourage me to be a stronger christian, mother, and wife with out even knowing me! May god bless you!!!

Talley said...

I went to high school with Emily Alexander and enjoy reading her blog. I have since linked to yours from hers. You are both such special women! I draw such inspiration from your story. You have encouraged me to be a stronger christian, better mother, and a more loving wife. You have done this with out even knowing me....just through your stories. Thank you so much for letting me be apart!

God Bless!!!

Cheryl said...

You are awesome! I am so excited about ALL God is doing through you. To Him be the Glory!

I love your honesty, the "keeping it real" factor reminds me that I don't have to be "perfect" to be used by Him, I just have to be "willing"!

Anonymous said...

this post makes my day!! thank you for inspiring me to do better.

Shelly and Family said...

What a great & honest post! I so loved it! Can't wait to see the shirts you are doing...!

BTW...it bugs me too when people ask me (about our two girls) "Are they really sister?" My reply is always..."YES...why would you even ask!" It shuts them up right away. (OK, I am not always that rude when asked that question. Some times people are truly interested in my girls and where they come from. I have no problem talking to them...it is the rude ones that I answer like that to which 99% of them are!)

mommy24treasures said...

you yell at your precious kids?? NEVER!;)
none of us bloggers do that!

I am not a cook either and crafty stuff with my kids aren't fun either. You know I despise winter.
Mello Yello is what helps me.
Love you!
C

The Hebert Family said...

Count me in on one of the t- shirts. Can't wait to see them. I'm still waiting for my tattoo, hopefully I can get together with your friend soon. It was good to see you the other day. I hope that sweet baby is doing good. see you soon.
Angie

Michelle R Photography said...

I can't wait to see your shirts and can't wait to read the BOOK! I want to get in line for both!

Thanks for sharing your #6. We are, after all, human, but it's nice to hear we are not alone in our day-to-day struggles. And for me, I'm a Diet Mountain Dew gal.

I just finished some adoption homework tonight on attunement, so it is fresh in my mind. You are doing things for Lola Belle now that will bless her and her future family for life.

Tracy said...

I'm totally blessed by your transparent heart!....love how God speaks through you....and blesses so many through you! :)

Shawnstribe said...

oh Gwen
i just love this post!!!!
we need to be real, it's by the grace of God that i am remotely pleasent sometimes;)
Can't wait to have a peep of the t shirt, and can we have a peep of the tatoo?
xxx
s

Amie said...

Love this post!

Diet coke and chocolate make all the difference. ;)

And love that Lola Belle has someone who cares how she likes to be held.. all the little details mattered. Thank you for loving her! give her a smooch from me!

So excited Katie is back with her kiddos. Can't wait for the next psot. And 75,000$? WOW! So God!

Cannot wait to sneek a peek at those t-shirts.
Hugs~
:)
Amie
p.s. We still on for today? 2-ish?

Carey said...

Sounds like my head! Thanks for being "Real."

Kathi said...

Had a pretty rough day, today (two GINORMOUS meltdowns)...but reading your post again puts it all back into perspective for me....to be thankful for what I have, and look forward to what Christ has in store for me/my family...

Love ya

Erica said...

Yeah for tattoos! Yeah for the book. Yeah for shirts. Yeah for YOU! I love reading about the REAL-ness. We have much in common. ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png