Followers

Blog Archive

Friday, January 9, 2009

Introducing LOLA BELLE

I am not sure I can even describe this precious angel ... I mean how do you put into words what gift a newborn baby girl is ... She has quite a set of lungs on her and she is sleeping wonderfully so far ... She can open her eyes and they just sparkle ... I can't imagine what the birth mother is feeling tonight having left the hospital w/out her child ... I just feed Lola Belle, kissed on her and told her she was loved, and tucked her in bed ... WHAT AN HONOR !!!

We will all pray for healing of the birth mother's heart... We will pray for the preparations of the forever family's hearts ... And I will whisper God's love into Lola Belle's ears all day long ... She will feel loved, protected, and adore until time for her to go ...

Thanks for journeying w/ me again ... I will keep you updated !!!

P.S. Jeremiah can't wait for her to watch him play basketball, Elijah wants her to come visit him in school and meet his teacher, Emily wants to feed her all the time, and Maggie just walks around telling everyone to "SHHHHHH" since Lola Belle is sleeping ... I am so proud of how my children welcome in these little ones for the time we have them ... I see so much of God in them and they teach me so much ...

36 kind words.:

Terry said...

WOW girl! Standing with you in prayer for this precious child's birth mom and new family. And praying for you and your family as you go through another journey that He's led you to. Amazing!

Unknown said...

What a sweet post.. praying for all involved

Kim said...

Sounds like a true little angel..
I am sooo happy that you were picked to cherish this little bundle of joy until her forever family is there for her..
HUGS>.

Leigh Ann said...

Oh, how incredible! Wish I were closer so I could love on her too.

And yes, my nieces and nephews are wonderful - they have great role models in thier parents.

Love you!

BTW, I will home next weekend for Mackenzie's 11th birthday party and me and Paul's WA - 14 yrs, can hardly believe it! Maybe we can get together on Saturday...I will give you a call later this week.

Thanks for all your prayers for me and my siblings with the death of my mom.

Whew! OK, I am done:)

emily said...

I love your heart and its capacity to give love! She is a blessed baby girl to receive such love these first few days.

Praying!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Oh, Gwen.... how I love you and your precious family... I love Lola Belle's special name... I love that her Jesus has placed her into the arms and prayers of His faithful servants.... I love how each memeber of your family ministers to her heart, mind, spirit and body....
God's healing and peace to you and your birth family sweet Lola Belle... and God's Speed into your Mommy's arms.

LaLa said...

So happy she is safely in your arms..what a blessing.

Nicholas said...

Oh how beautiful - your heart is so huge! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Every night, as I sit in stillness before God, I tell Him this.. "I want to do something that greatly impacts your Kingdom, all I need to know is what it is You want that to be." I would love it if one day, doing exactly what you're doing, is "that" thing for me! :) You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the "team" for a time little Lola Belle....welcome!!!

You Oatsvall team members....well, you are just the absolute best!!

andrea said...

hi this is andrea lamb from ttu.dont' know if you remember me or not, but .i was friends with snoop:) and u taught my gym class:) we would rock that gym out with some kirk franklin stomp:)
you were an awesome teacher:)
oh my word! i'm so excited to find you and coach o! i found you from carlees blog!
and i've been reading and reading and reading your blog! i started from your 1st post..i'm now to july 08:) cant wait to finish reading about your life!
you are so blessed...your children are just stunning!
i remember when jeremiah was born and now he's 9! wowsa!
i cried and cried about your china miracles!!
adoption is amazing...
and i love reading about your kids, gwen i also want to tell u i ordered the Jesus calling book after reading what you've learned from it!
i hope to hear back from you!!:)
be blessed!

April said...

Oh Gwen, Lola Belle how beautiful..we pray for her and her new family and birth family as well..we will lift them up in prayer...

Noboyz said...

Oh, Gwen... I am in awe of you... as when I hold an infant.. it is so very hard to let go...
You are remarkable..... and I am praying for this sweet angel...

Tina said...

Gwen...

YOU, my sweet amazing friend, INSPIRE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steffie B. said...

And it's all about you sweet girl and your huge love for these children.....you are a gift to them as they are to you....well done faithful servant!

Hugs,
Steffie

jennifer said...

You are so amazing! What a sweet name you have given her.

Kristy said...

Hello Gwen again you amaze me. Your words are always such a blessings in my life. I don't know how you do it. I just don't know if I could ever let them go. You are incredible as well as your children. I can honestly say that everyone in your life must think the same as me...what an example you set for them, no wonder God puts all of his trust in you to care for these little ones.

On a different note , last night we had Astrud's Sweet Sixteen Dinner and her best friend gave her a box and you will never know what it was.....it was the gift of shoes for Ethiopia in Astruds name. It is the same organization that you have on your sidebar. I just thought it was amazing.

Have a great week Gwen.

You are loved.

Kristy

Shawnstribe said...

aww precious babe you are so in the best place and Gwen we join you in praying for you and your precious family
xxx
s

Heather said...

Hello Lola Belle - you are in the precious hands of His angels sweet girl. We love you and pray for you and Miss Gwen and her family. We pray for your birth mommy and for your forever mommy and daddy who love you and cannot wait to wrap their love around you. Praise God for all the magnificent people in your life...God saw to each and every detail.

Thinking of you Gwen and loving you through this walk.

Love,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Gwen...that baby can't get anymore love than she is right now :) You all are such a strong and loving family! I'll add you in my prayers ...

John & Michelle said...

God is truely in the details! Bless your heart for being open to HIS path for your life and for the LOVE that you all give those precious babies!

We were in AL/TN for 20 days and bought the house in Cookeville. I should be meeting the moving company in about 8 days! WooHoo!

HUGS,
Michelle

Table for Six said...

you and your family make me smile!

Kristi J said...

Oh, just a few more hours and I get to hold her and meet this little angel...I can't wait..see you in the AM, kristi

Kristi said...

You should be proud of your precious family dear friend as again you guys serve with loving hearts. May each of you be richly blessed for your faithfulness! Lola Belle will be off to a wonderful start!

katie said...

crazy. and i love you for it. as i was reading this i though about how much i will truly MISS you after i leave next week... oh my. i love the oatsvall team!

Joel, Jes and the rest said...

Wow....what a honor to hold that precious baby and love her until the time comes for her forever family to take her. All I can say is Wow....

Erica said...

Oh what a blessing. You have such an amazing heart my friend. Love on that sweet baby girl.

Nikki said...

OH GWEN! That is soooo wonderful that you have another sweet angel in your care - I promise to lift her up in prayer daily with you!

Anita said...

Oh give your new girl a smooch for me, but I want pics...I know, I know...not allowed! :) HUGs!

Kim said...

Sweet Gwen,
In reading yet another incredible post from you and thinking about your selfless love and willingness to love knowing the risk of pain that will come w/ seperation, I cannot think of a better picture of the fullness of our faith as Christians. It is the Trinity of our Father's love that sets us apart as believers. Like Father God, Lola's birth mother gave her the gift of life. Like King Jesus, her soon to be named adoptive mother will ensure that she has the opportunity to live that life to her full potential. And like the Holy Spirit, foster / interim care mothers fill the gap serving as intercessors! It is because of the selfless acts of love by this "trinity" of mothers that the fullness of adoption comes to be! Thank you for inspiring us all!
Love & Blessings,
Kim

3 Peanuts said...

How selfless and loving. I will pray for Lola Belle, her birth Mom and the parents she will soon come to love.

Kim

Kelly said...

Checkin' in to see how things are going. Praying for you guys. Love ya.
Kel

Carrie said...

Wow! How amazing is this; God is using you in such special ways. Love it.
Blessings as you watch over this precious child.
Carrie

Unknown said...

What a wonderful blessing to give Lola Belle and your family. I bet she is the cutest thing ever. I know God is looking down your family and smiling right now. Blessings,

Kristi J said...

Did you see Lola's pics from her play date...Can't wait to see her on Friday, kj

mommy24treasures said...

awwww babies are such precious little gifts. I know the Lord thanks you for being faithful and obedient.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png