Followers

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What I Want For Christmas ...

This question seems to be ask a lot this time of year and honestly I don't think I can answer it this year ... My mind has been wrestling w/ NEED vs WANT ...

I WANT Maggie's head to already be fixed.
I WANT Scott not to have to work 7 days a week.
I WANT Katie's kids to all have enough to eat and a blanket to snuggle under at night.
I WANT Abigail and Joseph home from Ethiopia.
I WANT my children to always be safe.
I WANT there to be no more orphans in the world.
I WANT all my friends who are waiting for children to get the call they have a child.
I WANT some very precious people struggling w/ terminal diseases to be cured.
I WANT marriages to be healed that are broken.
I WANT Cade's sight to be okay.
I WANT there to be no more racism in the world.
I WANT the Chapman's heart to heal.
I WANT Abe to get his miracle.
I WANT people down at the shelter to know they are loved.
I WANT Erica to know how beautiful she is as a creature of the Lord.
I WANT so much more than this, but this is what fills my days, my prayers, my heart ...

But in reality what I NEED is to stay broken and in prayer for all of the above because it is what keeps my focus on the FATHER during this season. I NEED to give more of myself to the FATHER's people .... I NEED to keep the faces of all those I love in my thoughts !!!! I simply NEED Jesus on a daily basis ...

31 kind words.:

Nicholas said...

Beautifully written and said!!

Missy said...

Gwen,

I just love your posts! You are a rare gem...I hope you know that. What a blessing your blog is to so many of us. Love your heart!

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

I, too, have pondered this so much this year. Our kids got their annual new ornament, and they are getting their traditional new pajamas on Christmas Eve. Then, on Christmas Day, they will exchange gifts with each other (they drew names). So, one present each on Christmas Eve and one present each on Christmas Day.

We will focus on family and friends, fellowship and fun, games and goodies, music and movies (like It's a Wonderful Life). We don't NEED anything else.

Christmas Blessings,

Laurel :)

April said...

So beautiful Gwen, it's a struggle need versus want I think, I pray my wants never get in the way of what the Lord is leading me to do, His work, His needs...that is my prayer for this year you said it so beautifully...

Unknown said...

Good stuff...love what you said!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love your passion, Gwen. What a beautiful post. Thanks for your ongoing support. We're getting ready for the hospital and I'll be posting updates on Josie later.

Love ya, sweetie!!

Carrie said...

I know I have said this before, but I love your heart Gwen. God has laid the ability to hurt with and love on those around you and those you have never meant. Keep seeking him and he will lead you always.
Thanks for your support along the way and I can't wait until you start the journey to Ethiopia as I have just begun.
Praying for Maggie and all your family.
Carrie

Kelly said...

You are BEAUTIFUL. Love you, too.

Added Katie's Button :o)

Homework is coming along. Turns out we had an old checklist. They updated it in October, and we didn't get the update. We have it now, and thankfully it's a slightly shorter list. We went for our 1st step of the Psych eval. Will finish that up the first week of January. Then I'll need to go get stuff appostilled. We'll have to make it a "date," & go to lunch when we're through.
Thanks for all your encouragement. It means a lot. Love ya.

The Stums said...

Your list challenges me, Gwen. I'm encouraged, though, that I see so many people around me--Christian and not--sharing from their excess and beyond to those with nothing. May the spirit of giving at Christmas overwhelm us everyday.

Tracy said...

your heart is right in line with HIs! love you!

emily said...

Tears this a.m for my precious friend that is such a gift to others as you intercede on their behalf! I am thankful that you will be witness to the miracle in Abes life as you have joined our family on this journey! Love you so much! :)

Anonymous said...

Come, Lord Jesus, Come!!!

Christ's Peace to you this Christmas, sweet Gwen...

Gwen Oatsvall said...

im at your house but i feel like i have to write anyway. im with emily... how blessed i am to have you as a constant support and someone who will interceed for me and my precious ones. and like emily i joyfully await the day when you will be able to witness all these wants as TRUTHS because I know they will be, in His perfect timing. love you dear sister!

Unknown said...

I have the same need as you..Thank you for your heart!

Jewels of My Heart said...

I want and need those same things my precious sister in Christ Jesus....
I will meet you at the throne...

Kristin said...

Beautifully said....

Best wishes and blessings to you for a wonderful Christmas.

Anonymous said...

my sister....my friend......so glad my sweet Lord gave you to me!

Leigh Ann said...

Hi, cant wait to see you tomorrow.
Love Mackenzie

Steffie B. said...

Amen sista......

Rachelle said...

Precious post. God hears you.

Kristy said...

I love all of your posts Gwen, but that last sentence is my NEED too!!

Love you.

mommy24treasures said...

oh your heart is in the right place this year thats for sure.
I join you in prayer sweet friend.

Laura Nipper said...

Oh I love your post and so relevant for Christmas. What an amazing heart you have for others and the Lord. Merry Christmas to you and you family.

PandaMom said...

What a great post! We are so into what we WANT and not so much what we NEED, that He lovingly reminds us that what we NEED is HIM.
Merry Christmas!! ; )

Michelle R Photography said...

What a beautiful and perfect list!

I wish you and your family a very, Merry Christmas filled with His love.

Love,
Michelle

Terry said...

Beautiful post! It's as if you read my mind.

Nikki said...

I love your heart, Gwen.

You're so right...we need Jesus, and He is ALL we need...

XO

Terry said...

Beautiful Gwen...

And Amen. Have a beautiful Christmas with your family, Merry Christmas! Terry

Denise C said...

You are one amazing gal!!! I couldn't agree more!!! I pray this Christmas is filled with magical moments...and God's richest blessings!!!
Hugs and Love to you!!!
Denise

Kathi said...

In years' past, we used to draw names and buy one gift for the person we had; this year, because of my mom's death (and the economy the way it is), we're just doing the kids; afterall, Christmas is really for children...

I HATE to leave a comment like this on such a beautiful post, but my family has suffered another loss; this time it was my Aunt Joanne (my mom's oldest brother's wife of 60 years); she passed Thursday of a stroke - her second one

Kristi J said...

How awesome is that?? You are a gifted writer!! And so awesome you are using your talents to better serve the Lord!! Merry Christmas my sweet friend, kj

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png