Followers

Blog Archive

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Brokenness ...


You know the song that says, "Brokenness, Brokenness, is what I long for, Brokenness, Brokenness is what I need. Brokenness, Brokenness, is what you want from me... Take my life transform it, Take my mind conform it, take my heart and form it, to yours, to yours, oh Lord."

I have been thinking on this so much lately as I feel people all around me, in my family, in the blog world, in my home, in foreign countries, and the list of BROKENNESS goes on and on ... At times this can be so overwhelming and such a odd request to be BROKEN, but to be BROKEN and at the feet of Christ is where He loves us so well and so deeply ... My eyes have opened so much since seeing Maggie's 1st picture and researching the plight of the orphans around the world ... I pray daily for all those sweet angels ... I try to do my small part and yet it doesn't seem to make a dent and then I saw this scripture today on another blog and it was so encouraging to remember that Christ is with all these people BROKEN and in need ... He is with the orphans, the people in prison, the poor, the hurting and basically available to all of us ... We carry Him with us and we have to power to show Him to others ...

"Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’ “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ "

Thank You Lord, for your word that directs us, helps us along our journey, and carries us if needed !!! It is not by the worlds standards we live, but by your example ...

14 kind words.:

Steffie B. said...

Amen girl!!!

mommy24treasures said...

wonderful post Gwen. Reminds me of the starfish story too, helping one child makes such a difference and we have to keep in helping one by one...

Terry said...

Yes, Break us. I sometime feel like what I do is so little... Break me Lord. May I hear your voice that tells me to "walk" without knowing where I am to go. But knowing and trusting You are with me as each step is made. Terry

Ali Tanner said...

wow crazy how he does that huh? this is great. i love you

Jewels of My Heart said...

What beautiful words of wisdom, love and truth.... often it takes being broken to bring us to a place of complete surrender to Him.... often He uses those times to enable us to feel empathy for those who are broken....
I pray that His "body", His church, continues to and increases in their ministering to those who are lost, hurting, and in need.... that He may be glorified and that they may be saved....
Jesus bring the rain...

Denise C said...

OH yes....powerful words from your heart sweet Gwen! We must do our part.....one by one person by person....heart by heart!

Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Gwen,

Standing with you in prayer for all God's children. He is all we need.

Diane

Unknown said...

Ugh! This spoke to me. There is so much to be done. At the pool yesterday a friend and I had a little moment discussing our wastefulness and basically how spoiled we are. This is just an on going thought process in my life right now.
My husband and I have been in a process beyond our control and it is breaking us and putting us at the feet of Jesus begging for His guidance.
Then when I think we can't take it anymore, I think of starving children, people, hurting people, the list goes on and on.
With these thoughts, God is bringing me to Him more and more and more.
God is so good.
Thank you for this post. It spoke to me.

day by day said...

The last line in that scripture is so, so powerful and always touches me when I read it. I try to keep it in the front of my mind when I go about my day!...."you did it to ME"

Denise C said...

Just popping in to wish you a very blessed 4th of July, my sweet friend!
Love ya!

emily said...

Brokenness is painful, but necessary to keep us at the foot of the Cross! He has used this adoption to break me in so many ways and I can honestly say that I am grateful! (not that I felt that way immediately) :)

Thank you for your faithfullness sister. I love you.

Much Ado said...

Amen! What a beautiful post. This much I know....there is beauty in brokenness, because that is where and when we draw close to God. What a beautiful post, thank you so much for sharing this, it brought tears to my eyes, and I am sure it will touch many who have known brokenness.

Tracy said...

Thank you, Gwen for being our first commenter EVER!! You are precious! Thank you for pointing our the Red Letters book. It is definitely a must read for all Christians desiring to be doers of the Word and not hearers only. Another great book- Good News About Injustice, by Gary Haugen. I read it a year ago and still cannot get it out of my head. Thank you for giving us the privilege to share our adoption story in your book. I can't wait to read all the others!

Laura Nipper said...

Your blog always does wonders for my heart. It is always a reminder of whats really important in life and how we need to allow the Lord to work in it each day.
Hope you guys had a wonderful 4th!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png