Followers

Blog Archive

Saturday, October 6, 2007

This Family Needs Us All To Pray NOW !!!


This is my friend Suzanne's friend, who is adopting from Guatemala. As we all know the adoption situation in Guatemala isn't going well. The current President is prohibiting all international adoption. That leaves 5,000 families without their children. The Wheeler family just found out today that the little girl they were trying to adopt had her court date and the birth mother showed up and isn't from Guatemala and had originally tried to sell her. She ended up in the orphanage with fabulous missionaries which is where the Wheeler family saw her. They have made trips to visit her, started all the paperwork and in their heart this is their child. Please pray for them and for a miracle.

You make check out their site and story at wheelerjourney.blogspot.com

We all know the journey to adoption is spiritual, emotional, and physical, and very close to God's heart. Let's stand together and in the gap for this family as they take this journey.

13 kind words.:

redmaryjanes said...

I will pray for this family. This is awful.

Angie said...

I'm praying here. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your words....for the blog! We are being lifted up from friends like you. We need all the encouragement and prayers we can get! WE ARE FIGHTING!!

Love, Lindsey (and Chris)

mommy24treasures said...

I am a Guatemala mommy too, and Guatemala children are so close to my heart. I will pray.

Nikki said...

Praying here, too!
How tough...I'm glad to see they are fighting.
God can win this battle.

Jewels of My Heart said...

I will be praying for them and for their child.

Leah said...

I will be praying, too.

LaLa said...

This makes me sick to my stomach. Of course they have our thoughts and prayers.

Kim said...

I will pray.. I have also already signed the petition for the adoptions in Guat.
Have a Great Weekend.
Kim

Anonymous said...

My heart is breaking for this child and this young couple.:(

Praying God's protection for this little one until she is united with her Momma and Daddy.

Laura Nipper said...

Praying for this family. What a very sad situation.

Kathi said...

Praying here in San Diego.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this information with us about the Wheelers. I have sent the information on to all the middle school faculty since we consider Lindsey one of our own. Still praying for you as well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png