Followers

Blog Archive

Monday, May 21, 2007

My Many Families !!!!

What a blessed couple of days. I feel so blessed to have several different groups of people that I call families. I have my own crazy bunch that gives me love, laughter, and smiles daily, I have my extraordinary extended family that really is such a lively group of love and energy! I have my church family that never fails to support and encourage and I have my girls from the team that have become like daughters to me. And then their are those friends that are so much like family you wouldn't know what to do without them. And my of course my CHINA FAMILY !!! My travel group have become like sisters to me and I don't know what I would do during these emotional days of our second adoption w/out them (lol). Here are just a few of things we did over the weekend with our FAMILIES! Thanks everyone for always being there and for loving my family!!!

1. Athletic Banquet on Friday to honor athletes. I love to see my girls all dressed up. They are one beautiful bunch. These girls have impacted my life in so many ways. Coaching is about so much more than the sport itself. I get the privilege of helping these girls figure out who they are. I love each and every one of them. They always make me feel special and I love the way they love my kids. Thanks girls!

2. Carlee, Chris and Cade come over for a swim. The water was a little cold, so Cade wasn't real happy, but I love it when he comes over to play. He loves the dog Sarah so much. He is such a champion and his second surgery went well !!! Prayers for my CADE !!

3. Trip to the airport to see Miss Jadyn Hood come home. I don't know about you, but I love going to the airport and seeing our precious little ones come home from China. She looked so happy and very attached to her family. I loved seeing her dig her head into Amy's shoulder. We have prayed for this little for almost 2 years and she is finally home. Thank you LORD !!

4. After the airport it is off to my niece's graduation. Tori is the most beautiful young lady. She will be playing soccer on scholarship at King's College in East TN. We are so proud of you Tori !!!!

5. Sunday has two more parties.... I am off to the Chapman's house for a grad. party for Canan .... Here is a young man who will do big things in the ministry. He is a master with Kids !!!! My kids almost tore down the house ... I only have 3 kids, but sometimes it seems like about 6 ...

6. The day ends with a Retirement Party for Mimi (Scott's Mom) ... She is so happy to be retired and has such peace in her life now. We had a blast at Kobe's Japanese Restaurant and honored Mimi for all her years of service. We gave her a beautiful butterfly ring to remind her to spread her new wings.

Well that is another packed weekend with the Oatsvall's .... notice the first missed tooth for Elijah in the slide show to follow ...

6 kind words.:

Steffie B. said...

I need a glass of wine just reading your blog! lol I see the Blog Fairy is still working! lol

Beckyb said...

You are a busy lady - but you hold it all together well!!! And you love every minute of it!!!!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i can't believe i forgot you all the first DRAFT (SEE REVISED) ... i guess i just take for granted that you are there !!! love my china sisters SO MUCH !!

The Johnson Family said...

The slide show looks good. had fun saturday!! me

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh you are BUSY!
1.You and your girls are beautiful -- how fun it must be to coach them.
2.Cade is darling, and I'm glad he's doin' well.
3.So cool about Jadyn coming home with her forever family! What a doll.
4.Congrats Tori!
5.Congrats Canan!
6.Woo hoo Mimi! You go girl!

P.S. you are like family to me too. Love you!

Laura Nipper said...

Hi Gwen,
Thought I would de-lurk myself on your blog since I did on Steffie's. Chrissie or Crystal had sent me the link to your blog. I have enjoyed reading your blog and some of your travel buddies blogs. Your girls are a true gifts from God.

Laura

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png