Followers

Blog Archive

Friday, February 9, 2007

Brag Book



Since, I don't have any old photos on my computer, I thought for the next few Fridays I would post some of my favorite people in the world and brag on them a little bit. So here goes... This is Jeremiah, my oldest son. He will be 9 on March 20th. I will never forget giving birth to this precious child, who did not want to come out of the womb. One week late and an emergency C-section brought this little man, who completely stole my heart and changed my life. He was the easiest baby on earth. Completely on a schedule, sleeping all night starting at 5 weeks, noise didn't bother him, ate well, and never cried. I thought I was the perfect mother (stay tuned next week, when God shows me who is in control - AKA - birth of Elijah). Back to Jeremiah, He has an amazing heart and is such a great friend. I am proud of who he is and know God will do big things in his life. Now time for the bragging - Jeremiah is the most skilled basketball player at his age I have ever seen. He shot and made 4-3 pointers last week, at least 12 rebounds, 4 steals, and about 20 pts. in all. He loves basketball and works so hard to be good. He loves spending that time with his dad and I have to say when your dad is a coach, you would think there would be pressure, but Scott is super calm with him and just wants him to have fun. Have a great Friday my friends !!!

11 kind words.:

Verna said...

That's on great kid!! Congrats on DTC.

Laura said...

Great idea for your Friday posts! Especially for those of us who haven't seen you guys in a couple of years!! It's so neat to see how Jeremiah has grown and to hear about how well he is doing!! I know you guys are so proud of him (and all of your kids - but today is Jeremiah's day!). I can see it now - one day he'll be a basketball star and I'll be able to say "I knew him when he was just a little tot!" Have a great week-end!

Beckyb said...

What a pumpkin - he deserves a big SQUEEZE!!!! Love on him tons - they grow way too fast!!

Nikki said...

Oh, Gwen! That was so sweet. He seems like such an amazing little guy. And how wonderful for he and his dad to share the whole basketball thing...thanks for sharing.
It is nice to get to know your boys.
Can't wait to hear next weeks!!

Steffie B. said...

What a wonderful young man you have. How special that his Dad can coach him. I would be proud too! ;)

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i am feeling very blessed to have you all in my life!!! love ya- i gave jeremiah a few extra hugs today!!

Carrie said...

Go Jeremiah!! His confidence and self-esteem must be soaring. Your believe in him and all of your children is amazing to me Gwen. I enjoy hearing moms brag about their stars!

Your menu sounds wonderful! I'm praying we will be there.

redmaryjanes said...

Hey Gwen, how are you doing?
I wanted to ask you if it was ok to link you to my blog?

Your children sound awesome!! And of course, I have a soft spot for Elijah : )

Pam said...

Gwen I'm going to brag on him also even though I have not know him too long. Just being around him I can tell that he is a kind hearted young man. He seems very mature for his age also. I enjoy the time that I am around him. Even when they were climbing the walls at O'Charley's the first time we met. :)

Gwen Oatsvall said...

thanks pam- I remember O'Charley's too. I just knew you were going to think we were crazy to bring a daughter into our madness. But I think Jeremiah is a sweetie too.

Emmie said...

So sorry I haven't commented on your blog in awhile! I am going back to all the posts I missed to comment. As you have read on my blog I have had computer problems and when my mom give me a little time to comment on blogs on her computer I don't get all the way down the list!! Anyway, what a great little boy ou have!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo head-coaches-button_zpsa6a1cedd.png
 photo jeremiah-button_zps64bab85f.png
 photo elijah-button_zps3108b689.png
 photo emily-button_zps563e1f0b.png
 photo maggie_zps2c847fb3.png
 photo joseph-button_zps0b7cc70e.png
 photo daisy-button_zpsa87426bc.png